Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I have been working in Richmond this past week, but make it home at least one or two nights during the week. On this Saturday I had a sailing race in Santa Cruz. The day was nice (70F) and sunny the wind was out of the north… and west …and east. There were such a ridiculous amount of wind shifts that the races were really a crap shoot. We decided that a trip to the bar would be better and only raced in two of the three scheduled races.

Singers in Lederhosen. I would ove to get a pair.


Sunday we went to Oktoberfest hear in Campbell. A lot of people there, and a lot of interesting characters. This guy with a bird came by and Brenda commented on it so of course got to hold it. She also petted the bird and was very excited about doing so.

This week we are at the Plugs hanging out and Keeping their son Trevor in line. Sunday night we had some other youth group kids over and were able to play Risk (the game or world domination). We did not have the time to finish, but I had everything but Europe and Australia and was obviously going to win.



Brenda with the bird. I was secretly hoping that it would crap on her, but it didn't.

7 comments:

Laura E said...

Great video, it really gives a great feel to the post. Nothing like a little yodeling to get a festival going. I can't believe you wanted the bird to crap on Brenda. I'm sure she was secretly hoping that it would fly up and bite your nose. :) hehe.

Laura E said...

By the way...you would love to get a pair of what?

Anonymous said...

John........Thanks. Didn't know your secret thoughts until you publish them on your blog.

bje said...

I do love a good yodel!

Homeward Bound said...

I was seriously rolling on the floor after reading Brenda's comment! LOL

That was the best part of the whole blog this time! lol

Love it.

The video wouldn't load for me but I'm sure its hilarious. Is that Connie up on the stage in the first picture by the way? Hahaha

Say hi to Trevor for me. Tell him to have fun with his girlfriend and then read him this quote from Hi Camp..."Don't touch what you don't have and if you do touch what you don't have I hope it grows on you." He'll love it. And then hate me.

Risk is a crazy long game. I played Settlers of Kattan the other day and got smoked! I was remembering the last time we all played and I won though. That was fun.

How is sailing going? Is your boss still mad that I fell into him and accidentally grabbed his nuts?

lol He was SO pissed! Bahaha

Looking forward to hangin' next week!


J

Anonymous said...

John and Brenda, I am curious if you know the name of the bird? It looks just like a bird that a client of ours has and they were from the San Jose area. Is the bird's name Aireole? Deb Van Essen

Unknown said...

No, I can't remember the name of the bird, but the owner was a older guy that had a beard and looked a bit scruffy if that helps.