Thursday, November 1, 2007

A rose by any other name...is Brenda

Once again this week I am up in Richmond working. I am currently in charge of the onsite activities for stabilization tests that we are running on a small scale (2-3 acre section) so we can use those results to stabilize the larger area (60 ac) next year. The work is new to me, but very interesting and I am learning so good stuff I did not previously know.

I had a chance to go rock climbing with some coworkers while I am staying in Richmond. It is a long drive home at night, so I spend the night here most of the time and drive home on the weekends, and one or two other nights during the week. We went to a climbing gym in Berkley and had a great time last week and this week as well. I am usually not the kind of person who pays meticulous attention to detail, so rock climbing is not something I ever got into, but we had a safe fun time.

I know all of the pictures I posted have absolutely nothing to do with the text I have, but they are also other things I did this weekend. This is a rose garden we went to in SJ.


Last week we were house sitting at our friends’ place. We also invited friends to come down from Davis and stay with us because the house is a lot bigger than our home and it is always nice to have a good time with friends. Myron and Andrea had a good time (I think) even though we just sat around and relaxed by watching sports (I am not sure what the girls did for fun because sports were always on and I like sports).

The crew I am working with is from all over the country and is also heading home this weekend. This is great not only because they get to see their family, but because I get to have Friday off. It is a bummer that I have to work the weekend in San Jose, but that is only a couple of hours a day and it will be nice to ride my motorcycle. I usually leave my bike at work because I drive a company truck, and since I have been up in Richmond for the past three weeks, I have not had a chance to ride it in some time. Brenda gave me a new visor (black) for my helmet and it just arrived (2months late because I have a larger helmet….and a giant head) sow I can check that out to.

I know this post is a bunch of crap thrown together, but work is hectic and well not much is going on out here.

enjoy



Junior high league playoffs. They lost but had a excellent coach.
More non-manly pictures.

Brenda in the garden.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

First carving pumpkins, then quoting Shakespear and posting pictures of roses.....I'm not so sure I see all the manly stuff you were talking about on my blog:) We're looking forward to seeing you again too:)

Aubrey said...

Man you do have a big head.

Brenda looks lovely as always!

Laura E said...

Those roses are so pretty! And so is Brenda!

bje said...

This is certainly not your typical DeJong Days blog entry. I'm not sure what to say about it.

However, I think it is a good thing. For once, life in California doesn't seem so exciting. ;)