Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pretty in Pink???

There are no good pictures from this week in adventures. I am presently up in Richmond and will be working up here for about two months. This weekend we went to the mall on Saturday. First we went to babies R us. By saying we went, I really mean that Brenda went in and I sat in the car. I do not like shopping and it seems to be more work than actually being at work. I get more tired after three hours of shopping then ten hours of hard labor.

Sunday after church we went to Santa Cruz to go out to eat and get some oysters for dinner. Downtown SC is full of weirdos trying to look like individuals. It seems as though people are trying to dress like they do not care about how they dress. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I say instead of wearing old vintage clothes to act like you don’t care, just put on a pair of sweats and you will look like you have totally given up on life altogether. Weird is not cool. Just stick to the old t-shirt and blue jeans and it will all be good.
The local weirdo who is always at the same spot in downtown santa cruz. The " pink umbrella man"

8 comments:

Laura E said...

Ah yes, Brenda told me about your shopping adventures, or lack thereof. Perhaps if Brenda took you to Cabella's, your outlook would be different? I could see how Babies R Us wouldn't be your cup of tea. Why would you want your life legacy to be the man who dressed in pink and stood on a street corner. At the funeral, they won't know what to say except, "He always made me giggle when I drove past...crazy old man."

Anonymous said...

John, I am always amazed at how you can find the unusual to snap a photo of---my goal is to stay off your blog photos---that is for weird dresser--my cute grandson pics are OK------Nanna Van Essen

Anonymous said...

Cute poodle on his hip.........

Andrea VW K. said...

I have seen that guy in Santa Cruz! Except he's not always in pink, sometimes purple, and I've seen him in yellow.
I was walking down SC with my sister and he was doing this weird lurking/following us. Odd.
Excited to hang out next week!

Andrea

Homeward Bound said...

I was on a date last year in Santa Cruz and we saw that guy as we were walking away from the theater! (Wearing pink too) He is super quiet and really freaky looking at first because you don't expect it (although you should because it's SC, right) Anyways, he was doing this 'creeper' walk towards us and she screamed. Like loud, bro. Then we ducked into a store before he got to us.

Yeah.

I felt a little bad for her reaction but I can see how he might scare someone who is afraid of clowns or something. He's probably a nice guy...just a little...off, drugged, gay, misguided, liberalized, all of the above.

Hilarious that you sat in the car at the baby shop. I'm cool with going to the mall and picking something up or buying something or making a purchase. Get in, get out. No bs. All this walking around and never getting anything is for the birds, man! It's an emotional (and physical) rollercoaster.

Perhaps that is the fundamental problem with women, yeah? Nothing is ever good enough. Look at Eve...she had everything a women could ever dream of AND a naked man that never sinned! But no...she HAD to have the knowledge of good and evil too!! Sheesh. Thanks Eve.


lol



I AM going to get in trouble for that from our female readers! Oh well. I already sleep on the couch per se. I like it that way.

Have a good weekend, John.

Lyndsay said...

I think that comment has the making of a good blog Joel....give it a go man, let us know about the life of a grad student!

Anonymous said...

I think I remember a certain gym teacher that used to wear swet pants and a T-Shirt. Does that mean your Dad gave up on life early, and if so, was it your fault?

Aubrey said...

Touche AJ. Touche.

I'm pretty pissed that that guy stole my outfit. I've been debating hitchiking out to CA to get it back but I figure...

oh well. If I tried to steal it back he would probably bite me.