Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Car problems

I got a call a while ago from high school classmate of mine Stephanie. She was going to be coming out to Spokane with her brother to pick up his car and drive it back to IL. He recently graduated College and moved back home so he needed his car. They arrived Friday and after a lot of talking and a good dinner, they went to bed. Matt and I did go out and take a look at the car, because the engine was really knocking bad. I checked the oil and noticed it could maybe use some, but that is the extent of my short term help.

Here they are at 6am ready for the long drive home.


I told them that they could call me if there were any car issues and I could give them a hand. Sure enough, 2hours down the road the car engine was done. They walked to a rest area and then got a ride to the next exit where they got cell reception. The car was towed to Kellogg and Brenda and I went off to pick them up. Diagnosis of the car problems....water in the oil indicating very very bad problems. The car has a lot of miles and it was decided to junk it.


Matt and Steph saying goodbye old friend to the jeep.

The rest of the day we got home and spent the day watching BBall and trying to find anyway to get them home. I offered her the T-bird for a great price, but that is not quite what they wanted. No big deal as I just got word today that it is sold. Brenda was sad, but I was happy that I can finally take the insurance off of the car. We tried trains, plains and car rentals, but finally they decided on a plane. The earliest flight to Chitown left Sunday evening so we got some more time to hang out.
Here is steph checking out the options....it took about 4 hours to finally find something that world work. Oh ya, and a lot of calls to a lot of airlines.


That night I had heard of a bluegrass concert that was going on not far from here so I thought why not all go together. Quit the mix of people and it was good...especially for free.
Sunday night they left and then it is back to work.

Today was nice weather and we trimmed the trees and worked a bit in the yard.


Here is the coop I made for the chickens. Small, but I think it will work.

Both roofs lift up and it is mobile to keep the chickens moving around the yard
Brenda is looking better and better every day.
Here are the chicks...they grow up so fast.

I have let the mustache and goat grow a bit recently. I know it is red, and may not look that good, but I figure why not.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Geez, put a white coat on you and you would look like a deranged yosemite sam or colonel sanders. Like'n the coop. Fresh eggs every morning and if they don't produce then .... well once again colonel sanders makes an accurate discription. Possibly going backpacking/fishing in the smokey mountain NP on the 9th & 10th next mo. You In?

Unknown said...

I don't get there until Monday the 11th.

Lyndsay said...

So jealous of the chickens. I've told Kevin that we should get some in our backyard. Fresh eggs...yum! You better shave before your baby shows up, no need to scare him/her right off the bat. You know what I think of your facial hair......

Schenky said...

Nice stash John. To quote my wife, "Nasty, nasty, nasty." I personally think you look like an adult movie star....not that I would know what those look like.

Anonymous said...

Hey, John, let's not scare the baby. Let alone your mother! It is pretty red tho.

Laura E said...

I agree with your mom, it is a pretty red! :) I like the coop, and can't wait to have some farm fresh eggs next time we come. Ashton decided he doesn't want the snakeskin. He thought about it, but decided no. But thanks for the offer!

betsy said...

More Brenda pictures!