Wednesday, March 2, 2011

California part 2....or 4.

California part 2 is finally here. I probably should call it part 4, because I have been down there 4 times since the first week of January. This time it was only for a week so off to San Jose I went. The weather was a nice change since while I was gone they had a blizzard up here, but it would have been kind of nice to have to stay home from work. The week before I went to San Jose I was down in Sunnyside working a job own there and staying with Brenda’s parents. She was able to come down on the weekend so we could see each other before I was gone for another week. I got Strep for the third time in 6 months and did not have the most fun at work that week, but you can’t always get what you want.

While down in San Jose I was able to go over to Harry and Mindy’s for pizza one night and then another night I went over to Brad and Karen’s for dinner. It was great hanging out and catching up with friends. I also timed my flights to where I flew out Saturday so Friday night I could drive to the Central Valley and visit my grandparents and Kevin & Lyndsay. Saturday morning it was the Almond Blossom 8k run so I went out to show my support.

Here is Ethan and Deb completing the 1 Mile run before the 8K race.


Kevin had the funniest finish when he was running towards the finish at a regular pace this guy sped up and passed him getting about 15’ in front of him. While he passed Kevin, Kevin gave him a pat on the back kind of giving him the surrender sign…but not really. About 30’ from the finish Kevin kicked it into high gear and zoomed past the guy finishing in front of him by about 3’. At this point in time all the people that had gathered at the finish were laughing so hard they just about fell over. It was hilarious.



I told Kevin to stand by these guys so I could get a picture of them without looking wierd. The guy in the white tank had rip off pants on right before thing and pulled them off in one felled swoop. What a tool

Are you serious....do those really make you go faster? If nothing else, they made me laugh

Quick plug: you shoudl check out my brothers blog (link on the side) if you want to see some cool art and like flyfishing....or even if you are just interested.

2 comments:

Laura E said...

I really like having you guys living close and all, but I really miss your creeper photos. Thanks for posting them! And glad Kevin could help you out by being so nonchalant.

Lyndsay said...

Thanks for making the time to see us last weekend John. You forgot to mention the fact that it was about 40 degrees outside the morning of the run....which makes the dudes in the tank tops and short shorts even crazier....next year I expect you to join us...or at least Ethan in the 1 mile:)