Saturday, March 27, 2010

Last weekend we had Myron and Andrea come up to visit us. We had them over just for a short visit on Friday night. They went with Brenda to the beach on Saturday as I went out for a sailing race. It was so nice seeing them again and we always have great conversation.
Friday Kevin and Lyndsay Schenk called and they were on their way out the her parents beach house in Monterey. They asked if we had plans for the weekend or if we could make it out there. Seeing as we have no kids and have a schedule that can change very easily we of course could make it. After the sailing race we jumped on the bike and headed for Monterey.
The evening was perfect. After dinner we headed to the beach( a short walk) and it could not have been better weather. No wind, 65deg, and sunny made for a very memorable night.
Morgan is showing quite a personality and is very cute. I showed her my motorcycle which she liked until I honked the horn. She cried every time she saw the bike after that incident.
Some of the tidepools.
Ethan and I were best buds. He loves to break rocks against other rocks.....very cool. Something inherent in guys is the desire to destroy.
Hangin out by the water.

Brenda of course is so photogenic....as you can see, she is hot.
Some of the rocks in hand that we broke on the bigger rocks behind him.
I smell Christmas photo.
Here we are at the water.
Yet another sunset photo.
Sunday we left the beach house and drove down Hwy 1 about 45 min and it was a perfect day. We stopped at a grocery store before we got on the road and picked up a picnic lunch. I could do that everyday.
Brenda at lunch.
Today I went to the annual British Motorcycle show with Harry Webb. After the show I thought I would go for a ride. 5 hours later I arrived at home. for my ride I wanted to try a bit of offroad riding. I found a route through some private roads that enabled me to take gravel/dirt roads from south San Jose to Santa Cruz. The views on the way were so spectacular it could not be captured with pictures.
One of the overlooks. You could see the entire Monterey Bay all the way up to Santa Cruz.....perfect day.

One of the steep assents. the roads were generally good, but there were a few spots that bottomed the bike out and it got a bit squirly in others.
Yet another viewpoint

Government update: Obama and the government has once again screwed the responsible American that thinks for himself. Apparently they are now going to help pay off peoples mortgages if the people are underwater on their mortgage. So, let me get this straight....when everyone was telling me to buy a house and get in the market because real estate always goes up, I should have listened. Instead I realized the houses were way overpriced and thought I should act responsibly and save money (Yes I know in today society it appears as if SAVE is the only four letter word banned). So, by saving my money.... I now have to pay more taxes to subsidize those people who spent money they didn't have on houses they couldn't afford. How can this be. Someone will eventually have to set this BS government straight. If I ever get to talk to Obama I will make sure to thank him for pumping money into the housing market to keep the overinflated prices inflated far above actual market conditions so I cannot afford one.
"We, the few, have done so much for the ungrateful for so long that we can do almost anything with next to nothing" Quote from my boss Matt Nicely....he has a lot of good one liners.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice John. I sometimes forget how beautifull it is out there. I hope that since it is not looking good for DeJong week this year,I can come out there for a little back country hiking and fishing.
Oh, and if your discouraged about the home prices in CA just come out to SC where the same price that would get you a 750sqf condo in SJ can get you 17ac on a trout stream with a 2000sqf log cabin. And our state actualy has representative that fight against big goverment.... "Don't Tread On Me."

Anonymous said...

Joel, don't make me jealous. CA home prices are sickening. Leave it to the southerners to tell the goverment whose boss.
It would be great if it worked out to see you this summer. Take care, Brenda

Harry said...

We're about to buy a "house" from REI...well it's a tent but after seeing the views around Big Sur... I'm moving in! I still have to convince Min, that yes you could live on hot dogs and pork n beans. Oh yeah and dump cake made in a dutch oven.(not the kind found undercovers...Mindy). BTW John you win that BSA Lightning?

Anonymous said...

California does have some beautiful days, doesn't it? We on the other hand had our beautiful Spring week and now are prepared for a week or so of more rain.
Mom