Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Finally

Just another short update. It seems to be raining here a lot. We had a student teacher living with us for the past few weeks and it was great to show her around. He mom was out this weekend( first time on a plane for her), and we headed out on Sunday for a view of the surfers. Good time was had and it was great to get to know Ashley.

We were under a Tsunami warning on Sat, so I went with Brenda to check it out, but there was no noticeable difference in the tides.

"so how's that hope and change working for you" is what this sign reads....who says California is full of liberal wackos.
This has got to be my favorite sign....this sign on a Sh#$ spreader. Hilarious.
Monday we got to go and get the hands on training for the Insulin pump. Brenda is currently on saline to get used to having the pump, but the real medication will begin via the pump next week. This is going to be a lot easier than jabbing a needle into herself every 3-4hrs.
Everything else seems to be going well with us and if this rain ever stops I may actually get out for a long all day ride on the iron horse.


2 comments:

Laura E said...

Ha! Those signs are great! I like the one on the spreader. Brenda, how exciting to get on the pump! I hope it goes well for you and makes dealing with your diabetes easier. John, I feel like I got to hang out with you a bit today...because I got to hang out with your dad! We were at a conference together today, and we had a great time exchanging ideas about school stuff. What a fun guy!

Jan said...

Hey! I really feel special getting mentioned on your blog! You guys are really special people! I'm so glad that God put such awesome people into Ashley's California experience. Thanks for putting up with the "old woman" for a few days. It was such a pleasure to meet you and to get to know you. You two are very special!! Please stay in touch!