Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter and spring fun

So as promissed I have an update as to what we are doing. We had a chance to go to Yosemite this weekend and take in the sites in the winter season. It did not seem like winter when we were there as the temperature was in the mid 60's and the snow was melting fast in the valley. We had gotten snowshoes in preparation for hiking, but found them not needed in the valley so we headaded for higher elevations.
The view from there tunnel view area.
Yosemite falls was flowing, but not much yet.
Brenda taking in the sites. Just after this picture we saw a guy hiking up the drop off in from of the viewpoint. He was wearing a skunk skin hat and no shoes. He was trying to look like a real mountain man, but ended up appearing as if he had some mental illness and no concept of reality.
We went to higher elevations and started off on a short hike. The snow was deep so it was nice to have the snowshoes. We only saw two other people on ouor 2hr hike so that was also nice.
I thought it would be a good idea to walk along this tree. The snow was very deep, and if I would have fallen I figured it would be a soft landing so I was not to worried.
The best view I saw all day.
We then went to Myron and Andrea Kampers in Tulare for Sat and Sun. night. We had a great time visiting with them and just relaxing. Sunday we went out for a hike around the old oaks and had a great time.
Brenda tried to show us how to run up a hill. Andrea is about 7 months pregnant so she did not run...and although I am not pregnant, I did not run either.
Hiking in the oaks.
Here are the ladies. It is spring out here in California..I know it is early. Green grass is about the only way we know winter was here. It is really nice to have the grass green and we almost forget how nice it looks when we have brown grass for 8 months in a row. Spring is the best time to be in the Central Valley.
Myron and I getting ready to go out to eat.
Dinner at the Firkin and Hound was good. I had been to a Firkin and Beaver before and I guess it is the same parent company that owns both of them.


Good times and good food make for happy women.

Today I did some work in the central valley and then drove home. the weather was great today and had a high of about 75. Absolutely great weather and I also got a good motorcycle ride in today. I don't think it can get any better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those Spring days are gorgeous.Looks like the daffodils will be out in the next few days here (if the sun shines). Too bad that they couldn't get more snow for the olympics tho.
Mom