Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ugly sweater

Well here we go again. I have posted pictures of the attempted family portrait during our time in Washington. As soon as we began to take the picture the kids went ape. There was a lot of crying and kids acting like...kids. Out of about 20 pics we got this as the best one. At one point Brenda and I acted as if we were crying, but I do not have that pic (I just have the one of us acting like we are having a great time).

This is the best shot...but don't look to close.Or...is this the best shot.
Beer Pong on the dinning table.
Our two hosts.

We went to a ugly sweater party on Friday at one of my co-workers apartment. We arrived at 8:45 and were the first ones there. We were worried that there would not be anybody showing up, but people trickled in and some did not show up till we were leaving at 11:00. It was not the friendly get together that were are used to, seeing as there was a keg/beer pong/ and jellow shots, but we had a great time and saw some awfully ridiculous sweaters.

Jason is showing off what he thinks the lady looks like who wore it before he got it from the goodwill store.

On another note, I wanted to comment on the writers guild strike that seems to riveting to all of the news channels, but does not make a mouse turds difference to anyone else. Do we really care if the mindless crap that hollywood normally puts out is no longer available for us not to watch. I am devastate that those award shows, that only the people in them actually care about, are no longer going to be able to put on. Can’t any of these actors write a 15 second bit by themselves? Give me 20 bucks, a couple of beers, and nothing to inspire me but a couple of goats kicking each other in the heads and I could come up with a better script than any of those shows have ever had. Guilds/Unions are excuses for overpaid below average workers actually get paid more than the rest of us for doing a lot less work.

8 comments:

bje said...

What??? No picture of you in an ugly sweater?! I'm so disappointed!

As far as the family picture...it's pretty good. Now I really want to see the bad ones. Oh, I definetely think you and Brenda should have that photo made into a portrait. It's just plain lovely!

Lastly, have you had the Mauser out yet?

Unknown said...

No the Mauser has not been out yet. It was raining all weekend. I am very glad I did not get a picture of my ugly sweater because it was a womans sweater, black with purple roses and a little bit of tinsel mixed in. It was a little short and a lot ugly. Women tand to have the worst sweaters.

Laura E said...

Jellow? Do you mean Jell-O? And for a second there, since you didn't have a good segue, I thought you were playing beer pong on the Elenbaas dining table! And where did the big ol' grand piano go?

Homeward Bound said...

No guns. I'm pissed.

Homeward Bound said...

I'm just kidding. (but I'm putting you on probation)

I loved the sweater with the turquoise! Pure 80's style...I had a couple growing up that I rocked frequently.

I think your Christmas card for next year should be the alternate family pic with you and Brenda. The caption should be:

"Isn't Jesus RAD!?! Merry Christmas from the de Jongs"

Homeward Bound said...

P.S. - Your last paragraph is just a cut under scripture I think. Nice work. I concur.

Anonymous said...

John, so true about the whole writers thing. What the whole entertainment industry makes is a crime, I think we should all just boycott and never watch any more, see how much they get paid then. We could all read blog spots for our entertainment, they are better anyway!Deb VE

Anonymous said...

One other thing I forgot to pass on to you, John, since you are so manly, etc. We have a book that has a picture of a motorcycle, whenenver I ask my grandson, EJ, "who has a motorcycle" he ALWAYS responds, BRENDA! Guess he only ever saw Brenda ride it? Deb VE