Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Golfing with Guns

Joel Rietema came over this week to run in the Silicon Valley half marathon. He was down on Thursday night and since I only worked a half day on Friday we were able to meet up with one of our other friends Drew and got to go out for some good old fashion man time. The amount of man time I have is always of great concern to me. Men hanging out doing manly things can never be done enough. I thought it would be a good time to go trap shooting and it was. We went to this new place I had never been before; it is like a golf course for guns. There are different “tees” where you walk to and then you have this electronic box you insert into the machine at the tee. The box you insert counts how many birds you get and you pay by the bird so you can have as many tries as you want. It was such a good time I think that girls might even like it (although it is nowhere near as exciting as what girls like to do when they get together such as pedicures, sitting around talking, pillow fights…).

Kevin Schenk also came down to run in the race as well so his family stayed over Friday night. Ethan is very cool and is very easy to please.

Ethan looking at his dad and wondering.......
Why did you drink all of the beer? I wanted some.
Brenda and Lyndsay having a good time.
Ice cream and beer anyone.
Joel and Drew looking to shoot something
Joel attempting the double (two clay pigeons released at the same time) on the 12th tee.
There was one spot where the pigeons were released off a 40'tower. We didn't hit any of them.
Gun racks on golf carts...I love this sport, and I am a lot better at it than golf.


6 comments:

Homeward Bound said...

Ahhh yes...Man time. That was pretty much the best day ever! Friends, guns, beer, cigars, good fellowship and... the opportunity to train a toddler to be wise in the ways! I love it! (Sorry Lyndsay!)

How did I know the first pics you would post would be the set up pics of EJ?!

I love the pics from the range. Especially the one that looks like I have the gun pointed right at Drews head?! Hahaha and the one at the 12th tee, right before I let an unnecessary expletive fly because I missed both!!

Ahhhh...why did I move away again?! I love you guys! Good times. Must do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

John, as soon as you talked about fun times for girls I knew you would mention pillow fights. You wish...

Lyndsay said...

Thanks for tarnishing my sons reputation forever....wanting beer at only 15 months, what will his future employers think? Brenda and I had great girl times, sorry you missed out on the pillow fight! Maybe next time!

Laura E said...

Ah yes, girl time, where we have pillow fights in our underwear while sipping strawberry daquiries and polishing our nails and talking about the cutest boys...

Homeward Bound said...

I knew you would get nailed for that one, bro.

Let me count the times I have actually seen a girl hit another girl with a pillow (totally clothed mind you)...

Ummm...None. It doesn't happen.

Although I did see one guy towel-whip another guy in the butt one time and it drew blood. That's gotta count for something, right?!

bje said...

That trap shooting course sounds like a real blast (pun intended)! That's a pretty cool setup.

Laura never told me about those pillow fights! Did Brenda tell you about them? Where were we?!