Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This weekend we went to Myron and Andrea Kampers wedding in Sioux Center. It was a great wedding and we had a lot of fun. The rehearsal dinner was great food at Blue Mountain in OC (Orange City..a place without one orange tree). Brenda was sick the day of the rehearsal dinner, but I had a great time and got to meet Myrons sisters and friends.

We were also able to visit with Brenda’s sisters and parents and our nieces. We stayed right next door to Paula and Kevins at Ben and Laura’s house( this was a real blessing because we got to sleep in till well after 9am whereas in Paula and Kevins house they were up by 6 or 7 with screaming kids.) The children eventually got used to us and all of the other new faces around and were able to be played with without freaking out and wanting thier parents.



Dan and Sarah and Maggie at the Sioux Falls Zoo.

Maggie not sure if she likes the Turtles.

What a cool Camel. There was a real one, but I was unable to ride that one.

Lindsay and Brenda

Both of these girls like thier food.



Brenda trying to hunt me down at Thunder Road. We had a great time here.

I was sitting in the Omaha Airport waiting to go home. Upon arrival I was told that this flight is delayed and I am now not getting home till 9am tues. I usually always go for the earliest flight out of an airport to avoid this circumstance, but it was unavoidable this time so there I was.

I got to Phoenix and got to the hotel at 12am. While in line I started talking to the guy behind me and he was leaving the same time as I was the next morning. I had a free room at the hotel and he was going to pay $40 for about 4hours of sleep, so I told him he could stay with me if he wanted. Roy was going to visit his newborn grandchild in Reno and we got a good sleep(as good as you can get in 4 hours) and woke up on time. I got on the plane got home and immediatly left for two weeks in Merced for work.

I am now in Merced working for the next two weeks. I arrived yesterday and was feeling ill. I got my hotel room and the second I got through the door I proceeded to puke my guts out. 1 hour later I attempted to go to the work site and was able to be there for approx. 30 min before I left. I could not make it to the hotel in time and had to stop alongside the road and puke yet again. The puking continued throughout the night and I stopped around midnight. I was feeling better and had to go to work so I went in late(10am) and not looking up to par, but able to function. All is good now and I am feeling a lot better.

Apparently it is legal to drive a fourwheeler on the roads in the midwest. There are no signal lights needed, just a licence plate.
Myron and Andrea...aren't they cute.
Brenda cutting a rug with Myron sister to her left and cousin far left.
Falls park right before a huge rainstorm.

6 comments:

Laura E said...

Hey John,

I'm assuming the Orange in Orange City comes from the Dutch national color. Remember watching the Olympics and seeing the sea of orange fans?

Oh, that really sucks about getting sick. We were just talking about that the other night, remember? Do you know what made you so sick?

It was really good to see you two again and hang out and talk. I barely made it through work on Monday becuase we stayed up so late. I finally made it home at 6:30, fell asleep until 9, ate supper and was in bed by 10. My body just doesn't handle those late nights like it used to.

Have fun in Merced!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for putting the ridiculous picture of me at the wedding dance. Dancing pictures always look mental. Sarah and I are enjoying reading your blog.

bje said...

Hey there John,

It was great to see you and Brenda again! You were here way to short a time...Or, maybe that's my fault for having to leave town the same week you were here. Yea, the timing of that all was pretty unfortunate. Bummer!

Anyways, the time I did have with you and Brenda here was sure a lot of fun! Go-karting was the best! It's been way too long since I've done that.

Any time you and Brenda want to come back to Sioux Falls, you'll always be welcome to stay at our place again. (Especially if you need some time away from the little girls.)

Well, take care. Hope you are feeling better.

Laura E said...

Hey, where you at?

Anonymous said...

You were in Sioux Falls and you didn't visit me? I haven't had someone take a picture of their crotch with my camera in FOUR YEARS!

Laura E said...

Well, we officially got new neighbors last night. I'm not sure how the newbies would appreciate a yipping dog in their new backyard. We're trying to make friends first before being forced to be enemies.