Monday, September 17, 2012

Bluegrass, Mud, and Wine....how could you go wrong

So last weekend (a long long time ago) Brenda and I headed up to Newport Wa fort the Bluegrass festival that was held up there.  We had a good idea of the bands that were going to be there so we wanted to go and check it out.  Turns out we aged the crowd down considerably when we got there, but I was not deterred and we were able to spend the entire Saturday listening to Bluegrass and relaxing in the amazing weather.
At one point James was tired of all the old people music and we had to bring out the electric toothbrush Brenda got him which he loves.  Those batteries are about dead by now.

Kevin Pace and the Early Edition are a great band with good harmony and good down home gospel music for the masses.

Is anyone ready to go home....let me guess.

My favorite part about the day is when I get home and especially when James has a bath and then get to run around the house.  I of course like to do the same, but for some reason I cannot fit on the horse.
Is that about the cutest thing you have seen or what.

This past weekend we had the day free and just bummed around the house for most of the time, but had contemplated going to some mud bog races.  Seeing as my wife tends to have way more get up and go than I do, she decided we should go and I agreed.  I am glad I did, otherwise I would not have got to see the worst mullet in mud bog history.
How can anyone think that this is an appropriate way to let your kid walk around.  I figured I should be on the phone with social services because this kid is seriously getting abused...that is just wrong.

Meantime it was time for all of the trucks to rev the engine and parade around.  They were amazingly loud and those guys loved to make them as ridiculous as possible.  Then came the time when I felt like the worst parent in the world.  The lady next to us was obviously prego and must have weighed about 85lbs soaking wet.  She was painfully skinny and was sucking down cigarettes at a rate that would rival the Marlboro man and then.....there she was....giving me earplugs for my kid.  I know I should have been more prepared, but just when I think I am a good parent compared to others I am reminded not to be so judgemental and there is always room for improvement.  She was very kind to give James earplugs and I thanked her profusely.

Lots of these.

Not even sure where you get tires that big, but I pretty sure they are off a tractor.

Mullet kid cheering on the racers.  Hard to believe his dad was out there racing....no, not hard to believe at all.

Yesterday we had friends take care of James and headed to Arbor Crest Winery for a concert on the lawn and a time to relax.

The winery has the best view overlooking Spokane Valley.

And then looking towards Spokane.

Another basic winery picture.

The band and some statue blowing water out of two straws....real classy place.  The band played a lot of Buffett and some James Taylor along with others.  We had a great time and it was the most perfect weather you could ask for.


This evening I was out in the garage and James was acting like a crazy kid laughing at anything and just being all around a good time.

Blue camo is the new black.

He is teething a lot trying to get the back molars in and I guess he liked this allen wrench as a  teething ring.

There was this crazy guy at the concert..he danced like this the whole time.


James running around the garage and acting like a crazy.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Fun times! Glad to see you got him his own tooth brush so Brenda doesn't have to have hers drug around everywhere gathering germs:) You and your white trash outings...no wonder you let poor James grow a mullet, you wish you could hav eone:) Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

What fun James seemed to be having. We are jealous of your clear views. We are still looking through smoke. Hope for rain.
M&D

Amycarry said...

Bathtub faucet : It is mounted on the top side of the tub for mixing hot and cold water open. Hot and cold can be Waterfall faucet by two pipes called duplex; hoist water lift spiral structure, metal ball-style, ceramic cartridge type and so on. Currently on the market is more single handle Faucet parts.