Sunday, October 14, 2012

Update through pics

Finally got a second to post.  I have been working a bunch recently on a project about a hour away and the long days leave little time to have any fun or see my kid when he is awake, but it should all be over soon.  By next week the project should be complete and I will hopefully get to sleep past 530am.

I have a lot of pics and many of them are from a couple weeks ago, but they are nice all the same.
James loves to run around the house after baths in the buff wearing his hooded bath towel which looks like a jedi cape screaming his head off.

Couple weeks ago on Sunday we went to liberty lake and took a evening walk.  James got sand everywhere of course, but had a great time.

He really loves just hanging out and messing around alot.

Obviously throwing rocks is cool.

Such a nice day looking at the Liberty Lake flats.


Another view of the nice area where we live.

We also went to this vintique store the other weekend where James got to site on a tractor. 



He loves trucks and "diggers" or backhoes and I guess that figures since he is a man's man.

My pumpkins this year got off to a very slow start and ended up not getting close to last years beast.  I got about 5 that are large, but the biggest one tops out at about 100lbs maybe.  My father-in-law on the other hand got some seeds from me and with the soils and heat they have down there he got one that weighed 360lbs.  Maybe next year I will have one that big.
Here is James feeding himself...a skill not yet mastered by many DeJongs.

Got to go out on the church campout as well.  I went, but had to work so left before 5am and got back to camp about 6pm, so not a lot of fun for me.  I did sleep very good.

Since I have been working alot, Brenda thought this would be a good time to go and visit her sister in Indiana.  She went out there and had a great time helping them out making food, cleaning, playing with our nieces and being a regular Mary Poppins.

Just down the road there is a pumpkin patch near the park they visited.

James had a  great time with his cousins (or so I hear), but I hope he likes it back here as well.
Brenda had a great time as well.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

He is getting so big. Cant wait to see him again..... oh, and Brenda and you as well. D and J miss their cousin.

Laura E said...

Great pics of the little guy...and my how your blog has turned into the "baby blog" that you never thought it would! So happy that you're a proud papa!

bje said...

Jim grew a 300+ pound pumpkin! The seeds I got from him never even sprouted! How did I end up with the duds? Hmmm?

Your little man is sure growing fast. Keep the pics coming!

Anonymous said...

Got to see a pic of that big pumpkin. Hope he brings it for Thanksgiving (the pic not the real thing).

jackie said...

Love that he enjoys the hooded towel so much. Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Actually it was a 340 and 385 pounder on the same plant.

betsy said...

Thijs can keep busy for a really long time at Lake Tahoe with just the rocks and sticks near the lake. Even Juliana will still spend an hour or more making an elaborate "castle". I request a pregnancy picture in the next blog.