Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A little of this and a little of that.

There is not much as far as continuity in this post except James it seems and I had a hard time coming up with a title.  No need to go on and on about this and that so I will jump right in with picture descriptions.

I have never seen popcorn before, but here it is.  Friends who watch James gave us this and after a few minutes in the microwave this is what it looks like.  Corn at our place did not turn out so good this year, but I am interested to try popcorn next year if I get a chance.

James has gotten the hang of eating corn and does not seem to mind if it is a bit over ripe.

He sometimes like to eat and sometimes can be quite the bugger.  We cannot figure out any real reason behind either, but believe that it just may be the stubborn attitude of his heart.  I have that problem too sometimes.

Here is the result of being 32 and acting like you are 12.  I was riding one of the articulating skateboards that has one wheel in the front and one in the back.  It is actually not that hard to get on and ride, but it is when I started to try new things like turning where I ran into issues.  Skinned elbow and knee as well as a black and blue hip will remind me of of lack of agility as I age. 

It is hard to imagine how uncoordinated I will be when James gets to be 16, but hopefully it will not get to bad.

Pig Out in the Park was happening this weekend in Spokane where there were 100 food vendors and lots of free music.  James had a great time Friday when we went there.

This is the first time he ever let us put glasses on him without him freaking out and ripping them off.

On Saturday we headed down to Jim and Sandi's house for some R&R and also to see them.  Jim and I had a chance to work on the newest Model T, and I also got a chance to drive one of the others out and around the countryside.  Driving one of those old cars is a great time and way more fun than driving a new car.  There is a lot to think about and it takes way more skill.

Back at home I finally got the engine of the bike back together for the second time and the bike fired right up.  I am still tracking down some electrical gremlins that are driving me nuts and the bike still does not seem to be 100%, but it is sounding great.  James and I were out in the garage and I was working on the ignition points using the multimeter.  Right when I put the probe down there James was right there picking it up and running his own diagnostics on the bike.  I was looking for all the help I could get and any new ideas at that time so the help was welcome.


Here is the bike now.  I got new mufflers for the bike and it makes the bike a lot quieter, although it is still quite loud.  I found out mufflers are required by Washington law so they had to be added...crazy government laws infringing on my rights.

The opposite view of the bike, man that bike looks awesome, now if I can only those minor issues figured out we should be all set.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, how I wish Brenda would have gotten a video of you on that skateboard!