Monday, February 6, 2012

Out to the San Juans

The weather  could not have been any better this past weekend as we headed out to the west side for some fun in the sun.  There was hardly a cloud in the sky all weekend which made for a great time visiting the rents. 
James is really loving pulling himself up and getting into everything.  He also seems to have some remnants of sweet potatoes on his face in this pic.

The classic flannel shirt which allows him to fit into the Greenacres cutting edge redneck scene.

We arrived on Friday and headed out to Friday Harbor on the ferry on Saturday.

You could see Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier at the same time as well as the Canadian Cascades and the Olympic mountains...it was as clear as could be.

James enjoyed the ferry and we always have a good time watching it dock and the cars load and unload.  It would be a great job to be a captain of one of these ships.

Another cute kid pic.

Brenda enjoys the scenery as well as the sun...she was almost getting as white as me this winter....me in summer that is.

We kept pinching ourselves thinking"is this really February?"

James getting a ride from Grandpa

Another stellar view
The grandparents.

We got a chance to check out the local art scene.  I know there has got to be about a million similar photos out there...what were the people thinking would happen.  I also have yet to reach full maturity, but that may never happen.

Then after fun and games we re-enacted the cruise chip hitting land by crashing a giant solid chocolate cruise ship into my mouth.  This has been in my parents freezer for a long time....15yrs to be exact and it had to go.  I think it was from when my sister went on a cruise with some friends.  Didn't taste too bad, but most of it got thrown out.

I kept trying to get James used to this view, but not sure if it worked.  He did think it was quite funny though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, great time, I miss you already.
Mom

Lyndsay said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend. What beautiful weather! James just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I love seeing that jacket actually used! Miss you guys!!

Andrea VW K. said...

What an awesome trip! The pics are great and I love taking ferries, they're really relaxing! James hair is getting lighter and I see a good mix of both of you in him now, what a cutie. Thanks for the card- I miss you too!! I hope you 3 have a wonderful Valentines Day, I'm gonna go make Jake some heart pancakes before work. Love you guys!!!! Andrea