Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dont worry, he is not a commie.

James has been up to alot lately and has kind of been moving all over the place.  The other day I timed him standing all by himself for 18 seconds before sitting down.  He is crawling all over now and I think that so he will be running once he get the hang of it
Note the mark on the forehead.  No we are not raising a Soviet leader, but just a kid who bang his head sometimes. The same may have been said of Gorbachev though.   I think this damage could be attributed to us though.  It ends up that highchairs are aptly named and if you fall from them it can leave a mark.  He has learned he cannot trust us (better to find that out now and save yourself some disappointment).

I had a chance to go skiing the other day and it was epic conditions.  Brenda and James opted to follow along and take the longest gondola in the US to the lodge and hang out for the day.  We had a great time.

The next day I mustered the energy to go snowshoeing.  We borrowed a friends gear and headed for the hills.  The snow on 4th of July Pass was deep and we had a great time.  The weather was warmer than anticipated, which made it wet, but fun all the same.

James was loving the backpack a co-worker gave me and I liked it way better than the front pack.  Who am I kidding....that kid was way to big for that thing.

The happy family in the woods where we belong. 
Various low laying logs along the path we had to duck under and that can be a task with a backpack and kid, but we made it through without incident.

The friends who lent us the snowshoes also have a sled that they had outgrown and let us borrow so Brenda could pull James around the yard.

I decided I would build a seat for the bike instead of buying one, since they do not make the seat I had envisioned.  I created the mold and the covered with the foil ready for the fiberglass.

This is how it may look on the frame.

Then...after the fiberglass....it is awesome, but will need a lot of sanding and bodywork.

James, it's whats for dinner.  New way to show he is so cute I could eat him up.

He fell asleep for the night using his foot as a pillow....man does that look uncomfortable.  I straightened him out fearing his foot would fall asleep and the pain would eventually wake him up, although it never seemed to do so before.

James also stay with the normal routine which would include the following about mid dinner meal.
I don't care who you are....that is cute.

2 comments:

Laura E said...

Hilarious video!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, but he won't think so at 16. Still laughing!!