Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last wedding of the year

Yes I will have one more blog post before I turn 29 (tomorrow). I do not think that 29 is much different than 28 except maybe now I will stop getting carded while attempting to buy regulated merchandise (beer).

This weekend we went to the last of the three weddings we were invited to this summer. I am not sure why, but I actually do like weddings...wait that isn't quite accurate...I like wedding receptions-alot. Our new neighbors in our triplex are actually friends and it was their wedding that rounded out the summer of love. Will and Jenny had a great wedding and it was in beautiful Los Gatos.
Here is the blushing bride and groom.
Another picture...not in chronological order.
Reception dancing is where Brenda can always be found, and even though the music was not based on 80's hair bands, I did have a good time as well. I am rarely in pictures due to the fact that it apparently is my job to document the "Life and Times of Brenda".
Thriller by MJ always brings out the best in everyone.
YMCA...Good times.
Drew had a very good time and thought that it was warm enough to just sport the vest.. and armbands of course.
I had to put this picture in because it is the worst picture I have ever seen of Mindy, and Harry seems a bit confused.
Brenda playing the air guitar. I have three pictures of this exact scene played out during all three of our weddings this summer. She is very good at the air guitar. Brenda also wants me to point out that she is wearing her wedding dress...that is the dress she purchased to go to all the weddings in. I guess it may look a bit weird when all of the wedding pictures we have we are both wearing the same clothes. that makes it very hard to tell what wedding the pictures are from, but they are kind of blending together anyway.

Jon Patrick, Sarah, Mindy, and Harry pose for the camera (this is a better picture of Mindy).
Brenda tries to "bring it", but it had already been "brought".
Shaking it up.
These girls love to bang their heads and play the air guitar. Drew and Amy are amazed in the background. When a guy wearing only a vest and sweatbands is amazed at your skills you should be proud.
Here is Drews' brother Kyle and his old lady Heather. They had a great wedding reception a few years back...great...great reception.
Mindy "bustin' a move".


Here is a video of Thriller and the girls acting normal...for a dance.

Air guitar and ACDC, a deadly combination.
Ingredients for a good reception included *free*(a must) Sierra Nevada, great food, awesome DJ, and a few hours.
A quick blurb about the bay area rapid transit (BART). For those of you who do not know what this is, it is the public transportation in the bay area. It has been in the news a lot lately because of yet another dumb Union stike warning that didn't happen. I guess it is about 5 days worth of breaking news when there is even talk of a strike (this has happened twice in the past 3wks). Why must I hear about this as if it is going to cause thousands of people to die. Union workers get far too much pay for doing far too little. Health care and retirement union restrictions are killing America and all of the industries where unions are involved. Get a job, do your job, and pay for your own retirement by actually saving something. (this opinion is of course a generalization and places all unions in one category...where there actually may be a union which is needed and does good for everyone...not just its members).

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time at the dance. I laughed out loud at several pics. Drew's outfit...wow...thats all I can say about that. I am definitely glad I was not there so there are no dancing pictures of me. I'm sure Mindy and Brenda love you for posting those pics John. Once again looks like you took full advantage of the wedding fun.

Laura E said...

Happy belated birthday, John! I too loved looking at the hilarious dancing pictures. Brenda's headbanging shot is the best! Your kids are gonna love looking at these pictures someday.

Mindy Webb said...

John, oh John. These pictures are just too good, and I pray my future children never see this post. I'm getting behind the camera lens at our next wedding reception adventure, buddy!