Monday, August 24, 2009

Great weekend. I am not sure if I can elaborate on that statement, but I will try. We went to Yosemite with a few of our friends (Brett, Michelle, Harry, and Mindy) to go camping and causing trouble. A few of the people had not ever seen Yosemite so it was fun for Brenda and I show them the best spots inside of the park and outside.
On day 1 we thought we would do some swimming and so in the morning we checked out Hetch Hetchy. Gorgeous lake, but no swimming or boating. These BS government rules make the lake useless.
Harry loved throwing rocks off of the dam. It is huge and the rocks started small and got much bigger. After the last rock was thrown we about had to run because it made such a bang while it hit the bottom of the dam.

Next up was a hike up the river from an undisclosed location to this awesome area where there is cliff jumping and a rope swing into the water. The water was so clear it was amazing.


This is me trying to hit dive bomb Harry as he sits helpless in the water.



Harry and Mindy...aaawwwe.
That night we ate and as soon as we got in our tent it began to sprinkle. It ended up doing this all night and everything was wet in the morning. We ate eggs and sausage under the 15'x30' tarp and got going to the valley floor. It is a good thing we went swimming the day before so we could do the car stuff while it was raining.

Here we are at the Awahnnee (or however it is spelled). A cup of Coco later we were on our way. The falls this time of year pretty much suck so that was a disappointment, but it was still nice.
Harry and I with John Muir.


We rednecked it up for lunch. This involved taking the bench seat and captains chair out of the van and setting them up for a no neck straining view of El Capitan. We love being white trash.
Here is what we saw while in the seat/chair.

On the way back to the campsite we stopped at a fire lookout and got there right in time to see a chopper set down and refuel.
Here is where the firefighters stay in shape. Notice the sign that states "Restricted area: Authorized personnel only". Apparently Brenda (and later Harry) could not read.
After we got camp packed up the others left. I stayed another night because today I had a job on the way home. This gave me a chance to get in some fishing. I caught a few, but they were very tiny.
Here is the spot I caught 2 Rainbows...on the fly of course.

Here I am jumping over everyone.

4 comments:

Laura E said...

I like how you count to three before you jump off the cliff.

Unknown said...

That was to get the timing down for the pictures.

Lyndsay said...

So fun! We wish we were there with you guys....we need to seriously plan a camping trip with you soon. Maybe next summer:)

Harry said...

I was hoping to see pictures of those tiny fish, but I bet your camera doesn't zoom in that close. Did you catch those fish with your knitting needle?!