Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yes it is that time of year again. The time when I am thankful to live in California and get to rub it in to those of you who live in such places as Minneapolis, Sioux Falls, Chicago and the like. Most of the time, California is kind of hard to love with the traffic, smog, people, idiot Senators/Representatives, and weirdos...but this is the time of year where it is about 75 here and sunny with no clouds. This is a stark contrast to the frigid temperatures of the East/Midwest that most of the people here cannot even fathom. I know how it is out there so I can really appreciate the sun out here.

That is the end of my talking about the weather so for those of you that hate the California mentality and attitude it is safe to read on.

This weekend I had a sailing race...or tried to have a sailing race. The sun and high pressure system that is over us did not produce any wind and we bobbed out in the bay for about 1.5hrs on a race delay and then they thought they would start the race. We knew that there was no wind and the race was going to be boring and slow so we headed in to the harbor.
A day on the bay...even without wind...is better than a day at work.
Today we went on a motorcycle ride out to the coast. We packed a lunch (went to Subway) and went to an overlook and had a picnic. The swells were up (6-8') and there was no wind(of course) so it was a perfect day to sit and read with a great view.
I guess it is springtime here. There were fields and fields of wildflowers everywhere.

Some nice asters.
Our lunch spot was very nice. Your can see the yellow wildflowers on the right.
Another great shot.
There were a few people on the beach, but it is nice to get away from the old grind now and then.

I am so excited about this next week because the world is going to do a 180 from the path of fire and brimstone which is the sole responsibility of George Bush (not the speculator investors that owned 10 houses, put no money down, and had a job that paid $30,000/yr. How could it be these peoples fault??? We need to be told what we can afford and spoon fed everything... I thought that was the governments job) to everyone getting everything they ever wanted and everybody living in Peace. What a great world this will soon be. You may be thinking I am being a bit over the top and I would have thought the same, but by the interviews I have been hearing on TV and radio lately the general public is going to be very disappointed.
I consider myself a realist and know that the world is not going to change that much, but it is the small changes over a long time that will make the difference. I hope that Obama can deliver on just a few of his promises and the Nation will be a better place to live. Good luck Obama and I hope you have figured out a way to walk on water.

7 comments:

Homeward Bound said...

One question...You read?! Hahahaha I kid.

I miss the ocean. Do you ever surf anymore John? Put that on the list for things to do the next time I visit.

I fully support your comments on the President-Elect. While I could say a lot here, I do have 300 pages of Systematic Theology to read and I don't think it would matter much anyways. (Plus this is John's blog and he says things pretty well anyways)

I will say that I too would consider myself to be a realist, and while I realize the "Historic" nature of the situation - History does not save us or change us...Jesus does that.

May God Bless Obama. May He watch over our country as we withdraw from a war we are winning so that the enemy is free to do as they wish. And may God forgive us as we continue to add to the 45 million whom we have slaughtered without a voice.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics of the coast. I'm freezing here in in Detroit and its snowing tonight in SC.

I don't get your sarcasm... Obama is the next Regan, Jefferson, Abe L. and George Wash. all roled into one. Don't pay any heed to to the nay sayers that claim he hasnt done anything yet. He got ellected did't he - Ok so maybe the media's love affair with him got him elected - oh, and the fact that he wasnt tied to that devil Bush helped a bit too.

Just watch how fast they ALL turn on him when he ups the troop count in Afganistan instead of leaving that part of world to be taken back over by the same people that brought us there in the first place.
Unlike most of the left that elected him, I do believe he is to smart to abandon that part of the world to the enemy.

Anyway, liked the pics. Inlaws coming this week to flee from the snow of midwest. Scott and I are building a swing set from scratch for the kids. Should be interesting

Anonymous said...

John:

Love the pictures and you are right in saying a bad day sailing may be better than the best day at work.
Other comments may be a bit over the top even for me. Betteer be a little careful what you write it could come back to bite you when you run for office.

Lyndsay said...

Beautiful scenery guys. Isn't CA the best....I can handle "winter" like we have after experiencing the arctic cold of Canada.

Schenky said...

John, nice pics. Looks like any dummy can cut and paste from Yahoo! images. Way to take credit for some other bozo's artistic eye.

I make the following declaration: It is time to hit the slopes with our good friend Evan. After yesterday's torrential downpour of rain and hail, I think the slopes are ready to be tamed by the phenomenal snowboarding and skiing skills you and I possess.

I will choose not to weigh in on the Obama issue. I am just a dumb, uneducated foreigner living off the wealthiest, most internationally respected country in the world. Oh wait, we're no longer wealthy or respected...

Laura E said...

The pictures, as usual, are beautiful! Sorry we missed you on the phone the other night, but hopefully Brenda filled you in on all the details. I'm just a TAD jealous about your nice weather. The snow was very lightly falling on the way to work today...but still falling. I'm ready for at least 40 degrees!??

superdave said...

Big John!! Quit with the pictures already,I miss hiking. But Florida isn't too bad this time of year (usually).
I need to catch up w/ you and talk boats, one of my brothers is looking for a sailboat (50' plus or minus).
The future is indeed looking bright. You can still be Secretary of the treasury even if you can't figure your taxes using Turbo Tax, or "forget" to pay your FICA even though you were given the money to do so.