Sunday, February 1, 2009

Basketball

Last weekend Myron and Andrea were down and we went out to the coast despite the clouds and chance of rain. We had a great time and went out to this lighthouse as well as looking into the tide pools nearby.


Myron and Andrea in front of the lighthouse. I guess the thing is so old that they will not let people up into it until they redo the structure. They said it would cost about 5 mil, but I think that it could be done for about 1/2 that. Since it is a state historical structure it is going to cost a lot to make sure it is authentic to the time it was built. In this case, making it a historical structure is really impeding peoples ability to fully enjoy the lighthouse (way to go California).

This Saturday we went to the playoffs for Brendas Jr. high team. They were undefeated going into it and won the first game to get a spot in the finals. The team they played was ridiculously good, but the girls did a great job. Unfortunately they did not win, but the had a great run and an even better time playing with their friends.

The girls after the game.
Brenda giving advice at a timeout.
I have another thing that I have to get off of my chest. The state of California has yet to pass a budget and is about 40billion in the hole. The legislature has yet to pass anything, and they continue to take days off and vacations. They have now told us that they are going to give IOU's for tax refunds...WTH. IOU's...that is total Bull and instead of paying them to sit on their butt and do nothing about this situation, we should be sending them IOU,s in lieu of pay. I think if they were getting it up the rear like the rest of California they might actually act. I am now calling for drastic state budget cuts and that all legislature be locked up in Folsom State Pen. until they get the stupid thing passed. If I were to put off doing my job for 3 months I am pretty sure that I would be fired, but without that scare tactic available, the legislature can hold us by the nuts and just laugh about it.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you can't say anything nice....

Anonymous said...

Dear John:

Get off your soap box. Stick with the pictures boy. You are turning into a bitter old man way to soon.

Sounds like you need a little attitude adjustment. Take a ride on the bike.

Anonymous said...

Hey John,

You wouldn't believe the backwards state of South Dakota that I live in. We actually only spend the money that we have! It means everyone can't get what they want, but hey.....

Dave

Ross and Amy Free said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ross and Amy Free said...

Hey John, I am enjoying keeping up with you all on the blog. Sorry to hear about the budget mess out there. Hopefully it all gets straightened out soon.

Homeward Bound said...

I love how John takes a brief respite to comment on the Basketball photo and then gets right back into railing California! Ahahaha

There's room for you guys in CO. I think it would suit you much better. All I'm sayin'...

Have fun in the mountains this weekend! Wish I was there.

Keep warm goin' up the lift. (You KNOW what I mean!)