Monday, March 17, 2008

House sitting

I know that it has been a long time since I have posted, but Brenda and I were over house sitting at the Post’s house and very busy. The Post’s are a family in our church and they have a 16yr old son. The parents went to New Zealand and so Derek needed someone to drive him around so we got the job. They have a very nice house in Los Gatos and it is quite an upgrade from our apartment(it even has a washer and dryer). The founder of Apple owns the house that is about 300' up the hill so you can imagine the neighborhood.
Driving a teen around to everything is a lot of work, but at least he is cool and fun to talk to. Friday Kevin and Lyndsay came and stayed over. Kevin brought sharks tickets, but we were unable to use them. I had a run in with the cops this weekend as well, but there was no arrest so... no big deal(if you are interested in the full story the blog is not the place so give me a call). All in all we had a good time and got paid for staying at their house so it was even better.

This weekend I think we are going to take a motorcycle ride down hwy 1 to the morrow bay area or so and then back up. I am not sure about all of the details, but I am praying for good weather.

I am on an indoor soccer team with work and we have another game tonight and are hoping for our first win of the year. I know we are not that good, but no one gets to upset and everyone is real easygoing and that makes not winning not seem so bad. I obviously have not had a shutout this year, but what can you do?

I apologize for this pathetic post with no pics, but I will guarantee a better post next week with a lot of good pictures and about two near death experiences.

3 comments:

Laura E said...

Sounds like the house sitting went as well as planned...but no big parties? Or maybe that's what the run-in with the cops was about. I hope there are some pictures of the house? It sounds pretty ritzy, and I don't think my imagination is good enough.

Good luck on getting your first win!!

Unknown said...

We lost..again.

bje said...

Well John, this may not be the most exciting post you've ever written, but I'll give you a pass. You've earned a little break, because of all your past excellent post.

Also, I think there may be pretty good story you were not able to share with us. We'll call you to find out what the "run in with the cops" was all about.