Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I do not have much to say about this past week. I think that most of these pictures can speak for themselves. I wenty to the gun range and sighted in the Mauser for 50yds. The scope is a 2.5 so there is not much maginification, and it is easier to sight it in at a closer distance. I shot 20rounds and the bruise on my shoulder is the proof. What a good time.
The high ones are before I dialed it in and the others are...well...not bad if I do say so myself.
What is this? A frothy mug...an empty bottle... can it be...yes the home brew is ready for consumption and it is good. I helped a friend out with the brewing process and now it is time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. There is a time for everything...and it is high time I harvest this which I have sown.
Wow...spent cartrages and the culprit.
The Mauser which is often refered to as "western hospitality."

I just noticed this is about the manliest post in the history of the internet. Beer and Guns... although they do not seeming go together or ever should be combined, I have figured a way in which they can live in harmony on a single post. Maybe I should apply for a job at the UN and bring peace to the world? Or maybe that may not work so well.

10 comments:

Homeward Bound said...

This is the greatest post EVER. I am printing it as I write to pin up a hard copy up on my bulletin board.

You could be elected president.

(Glad the beers did not explode this time. Even though I am currently going carb-less that beer looks delicious!)

Schenky said...

I must admit, I had to run to the fridge and pour myself a frothy one as I kept reading the blog. I could taste that beer through the screen.

Nice guns buddy. And the ones that shoot bullets ain't bad either.

Speaking of the president...

As a loyal subscriber to the Queen of England's pointless monarchy over the "commonwealth", I am appauled at the way many of these presidental candiadates have been conducting themselves. Whether it is backstabbing fellow party members or digressing from many of the relevant and pressing issues facing America (ie. the war, economy, sale of alcohol to minors, outlawing spandex, or whether scalpers should be prosocuted for scamming ticket buyers of Hannah Montana tickets), I have concluded I don't want any of these people representing the US to the world. How can we trust someone to have our best interests when they have essentailly been looking out for their own hides for the past 1 1/2 years? Are they suddenly going to be sympathetic to their constituents? I think not. We might as well let the folks spear heading the Indian Gamming issues run our county. At least we might get free drinks out of it.

Kudos to Bush for putting money back into the economy with his economic stimulus package. My family's is going into savings. Need more money, just print more money. To quote the wise folk at Guinness, "Brilliant!"

I love you John.

Anonymous said...

John,
The target would make the orignal owner proud. i.e. your grandpa's cousin. Now you just have to tape that target on the side of a six point bull elk and redrill the holes..............

Laura E said...

Way too manly of a post for me...

bje said...

Looks like you had a pretty good time there John. A new rifle and a bottle of home brew...life looks pretty good over there on the Left Coast.

When are you taking that cannon hog hunting? I think that would make for an entertaining blog update.

Take care. And enjoy the fruits of your bountiful harvest.

Homeward Bound said...

l think laura e needs to stop with her emasculation.

I give big kudos to my dear friend and mormonesque father, schenky, but ask what the solution is (short of letting the gaming commission take over, which could prove beneficial for the drinks at least)

I raise my eyebrows, cock my head to the side, shrug my shoulders and hold out my arms and ask...

Should we all buy some coveralls and move to Canada?! (in keeping with the post I will suggest that there is lots of guns (as well as things to shoot) and beer there. I make the gestures again and slowly murmur a long Hmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Are you still icing your shoulder? Sounds pretty whimpy!

That was your grandpa's cousin's gun?? I thought it was Brenda's grandpa's gun. Hmmmmmmmm.

Laura E said...

Hmmm...I think anonymous is on to something there...

Aubrey said...

This is a total dude post. Seriously.

Laura E said...

Hmmm...someone's blog seems to be lagging...I'm not pointing any fingers.