Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Tree time

So once again the time has passed and I am left to remember through a blog post, the fun that I have had this past month.  It started with the annual getting of the Christmas tree.  I do not look down or scoff at those who purchase a tree from a lot, but I like to think of myself as exceedingly cheap and drag my family (along with our friends) into the woods of North Idaho to search for the perfect tree.
Noah was not thrilled with the snow, but it did not take long and we had procured the perfect tree.
 
Said perfect tree....and the family is not to bad either.
Here we are hauling the 10' beast out of the woods.  I had to cut 3.5 feet off of the thing to get it even close to getting into the house.  Chris's tree was better looking, but nothing a little creative trimming could not fix.

Brenda was good at entertaining the kids during the search.
 
After all was said and done it was a nice outing and we got what we wanted.  A couple days later we also were blessed with a heavy snowstorm.  Although the snow only stayed around for a short time, James and I made the best of it.
The snowman may look good, but with it being so warm, it only actually stayed up for about 1 hour and the then the top rolled off.  I am going to need some practice to get this snowman thing down.
James had a good time, and so did I.  Man that kid is cute.
But for some reason he cannot wait till the spring.  He loves this little lawn mower I got out a dumpster at work.  He has no idea that it was supposed to blow bubbles, and he could care less.
 
Warning- the next post will be picture heavy and arrive shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you posted more pictures. We never tire of them.