Thursday, May 31, 2012

Parents visiting and an actual video

This is what James has been up to.  He is now walking all over the place and loves to laugh.  I finally got the video to upload and have had a bugger of a time with it.  Blogger has got to do something about that feature, but maybe it is the fact I usually have longer videos.
In preparation for this summer we also purchased this from Cabelas recently.  Seeing as our other tent was scavenged out of a dumpster (literally) and has a broken zipper, duct tapped floor, is way to small, and has always had mold stains all over it, I think it was about time.  After a lot of looking I found one that fit the required criteria such as; can be set up in <10minutes, has a divider(at least so James cant see whats going on on the other side of the tent.....I will convince him it was a bear), could be bought with Cabelas points and no cash out of pocket, no mold stains, and big enough for our family.

The rents were here this weekend and we had a great time.  Of course I was given the duties of breakfast, a duty my father normally had growing up.

James has the job of being adorable.

Brenda had to go to church to confess she loves me...and yes that is a sin.
Dad took care of James.
 
James's favorite pastime is playing with the pans.

Here is the latest family photo.

This is a bit out of order, but here is James on mothers day after we got home from church.  Notice the carnation for his mom.

We had a chance to go to the Cataldo Mission with my parents this weekend.  It is the oldest standing building in Idaho and was built in 1862.  Pretty cool place and a great day for a picnic.

After the picnic we went for a ride on the trail.  This is a 72 mile paved trail going from Plummer ID to Mullan.  A co-worker of mine recently has resigned and had the duties of oversight of the trail and now I guess it is my responsibility.  You may be thinking to yourself, why would an environmental company be in charge of a recreational trail.  Well years ago it used to be a railroad and they used mine tailing's and waste rock to build it, so essentially it is a trail of contamination.  Here is the part where I am thankful for the good old days since their neglect of the environment has provided me with employment and will continue to do so for a very long time.  I am not saying the contamination is good, but if someone has to clean up the world and make it a better place, it may as well be me.

I never get tired of this view out the back porch.  My parents also loved the view and drinking coffee out here in the morning.  We had a great time with them and I think this is 2 straight years we have gotten my mother on a bicycle after a 20 some year dry spell.  I somehow neglected to take pictures of it, but that could be because James way crying for about 7 miles of the bike trip and no one was really smiling at that point.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor James, his memory of camping is going to be a very scary and disturbing one...... Love the view as well.