Monday, May 21, 2012

James is 1

So the big day was yesterday.  Yes it seems like it has been more than a year, but the little guy turned one yesterday and we took some time to have a summer outdoor party to celebrate James turning one.  He has really started to walk in the last week and regularly walk 8-10 steps and sometimes even farther to toys and people he wants to be near.  Of course the Birthday time is something Brenda really wanted to get into, but I put what I felt was an appropriate amount of water on that fire and kept the Birthday chaos to a minimum.  It is not like he is going to remember it anyway.
Thankfully we had a good friend Marcus there to take picture with his 18....yes 18megapixel camera.  When will the insanity end.

Of course kids have themed birthdays all the time and we decided to make it low key and want with western.  I had a list of chores to do for the party and the last thing on that list was to have a good ATTITUDE.  So here I am doing what I was told to do.  You may be thinking, Beer, at a 1yr olds party?  Well, that is just how we roll and I thought it would be fine to exercise my liberty.

Not sure if you notice, but we are on the back porch here and last week I worked like a dog everyday to build a pergola on the porch.  made the design from scratch and there was a lot of frustration along the way, but finally got it done and up.  I mumbled multiple times during the work that I will not quit my day job and become a carpenter.  Brenda was very supportive and helped out every time I asked her to hold this or give her opinion on how it should look.

Here is Noelle trying on Brenda's hat.  We have 1/2 a wine barrel with a pump/fountain on the porch with some fish in it that she was mesmerized with.  So much so that she actually fell into it later on in the day.  Maybe having 1/2 full tubs of water with kiddos around isn't such a good idea.  Thankfully no one drowned.
Decorating is my favorite part of throwing a party.....no...not really

Here is Noelle trying to get to the kickball game.

Cupcakes for desert and of course ice cream cups.

Here is a better view of the pergola.  Man was that a lot of work, but turned out well and I think we are going to be happy.  Brenda is happy it is done and I am happy I can return to working on my motorcycle.

James loving life.

Seriously, have you ever seen anything so cute.

Chris and Izumi with Noah.  I guess he is used to a wilder party life than a 1yr olds party.

Brenda and I with the kid.

Kickball was a lot of fun, even though a 3 yr old got pummeled in the head.  That was not the best part of the party, but it was inevitable when you start playing games and kids are running all over the place.

Finally I thought I would end with the birthday boy.  Both him and mom had a great time and that is always going to be my definition of a good day.

I guess morals and worldviews are all relative now.  When will Obama and the other idiots in government figure out that moral truths do not change and are the only constant over time?  They are supposed "scientific" and need the scientific laws to revert back to when managing the things of this Country, but when it comes to managing their own selves and thoughts they have demonstrated themselves to be relativistic, bumbling idiots swayed by every whim of self promotion and glorification.  Saying that you "gave it a lot of thought" does not make you conclusion any less wrong.  It merely proves the lengths as to which you have been infiltrated by the media and the lack of any character you posses.  I think there is old country song that says it best "you got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything, you got to be your own man not a puppet on a string, never compromise what's right and uphold you family name.  You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

2 comments:

Patrick De Jong pdejong@mvcwa.com said...

Nice pictures son.

Had a great week-end with the three of you. Glad we got that honey do list down to one or two items.

That kid is cute. But then all our grandkids are.

Dad.

Dawn said...

Nice pictures son. Had a great week-end with the three of you. Glad we got that honey do list down to one or two items. That kid is cute. But then all our grandkids are. Dad.