Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ooooppps



Life has been pretty normal and I think sometimes when it is that way we forget to take pictures of the things we do.  Last weekend Brendas folks were out here along with some other friends for the Washington State B basketball tourney.  It was great to have them out here and we actually got to go to a game and have some classic high school basketball fun.

The week before that I was out of town for work and just happened to get the stomach flu.  Sweet, puking at the job site is a great way to start off the week and loose weight at the same time.  That may have been the worst week of work ever.
Ben and Laura gave us the great toy in the background of this picture.  We went to see them a while ago since I had to drive to Sunnyside for a short job and it was nice to see them.

James is very happy and always is ready for a game of hide and seek.


We were messing around the other day right before our small groups came over and then it happened.....James fell, or more accurately, I dropped him and man did he cry.  Big ooooppppss.  I felt like a idiot and about the worst dad in the whole world.  He looked ok, but was acting a little off.  A nurse in our small groups soon arrived and assessed the situation.  Seemed to be fine, but then it happened, he puked.  Classic sign of a concussion.  After he puked he was much more like himself and actually smiled and seemed like himself, but the puking concerned us.  So off we went for James's first trip to the ER.  He was checked out and monitored for a hour, but they thought he was fine and sent us back home.  Close call, but I guess parenting is about learning and I will have to tone down the roughhouse a bit, and be way more careful. 

I want to have the bike done soon so I got on making the bars.

And then I got some new rubber to get the bike ready for the road.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor James. Good to hear he's ok. I thought I busted Delaney's leg once while we were playing airplane. She was ok but I felt like the worst dad ever. Sure wish we could see you guys, that boy is growing up so fast.

Andrea VW K. said...

Thanks for the pics and update! Glad James is doing better, Jake just had his first black eye from tripping and falling on the edge of a table- yep he looks like a 2 year old Dutch ganster, kinda funny.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that little boy smiling. Nothing hurts worse than a parent's hurt when his(her)child is hurt. Can't wait to see you guys again.