Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Turkey time take two

Of course this in the time of year where we all get a chance to hang out with family and relax about the house....or last minute shopping and sitting in traffic.  I did minimal shopping this year and went into a Toys r us for the first time and after about 4 minutes was out of the Christmas mood.  That Place is a zoo.

The weekend before Christmas we went down to the in-laws since I had some work to do down there and we wanted to see Ben and Laura.

The classic family photo.

A neighbor kept telling us that limp bacon is good for kids that are teething and we thought we would give it a try.  Sure enough he liked it and he has a little tooth poking through on the bottom.  James did not really eat much as of a week or so ago, but now he loves to eat just about everything we give him.  His mouth is very wide and gets all excited when the spoon is lifted.....even if it my spoon to my mouth.

Got some snow on Christmas eve.  We (us and Jim and Sandy)went to Coeur d'Alene to check out the bald eagles and it started to snow.  The snow was coming down hard and made it difficult to see the eagles and made the roads turn nasty in about 20 minutes.  I did look awesome though.

James and Brenda in the winter weather clothes

Need I say more.

Jim and Sandy were here for Christmas and miraculously I got a few part for the bike in, so we got to work putting the engine back together.  We go it all assembled and it should be ready to go after some paint and a little odds and ends.  Christmas Eve I revieved the new used tank I am going to be using on the bike and was all excieted....very excieted....it is going to look awesome.

James got a "rock and roll ball" from Brenda and was shaking with excitement when it rolled all over the place.

He got some irrigation boots to help with changing the pipes.  They looked big, but his thighs are so huge he could barely fit in them

I got him a motorcycle to chew on.  On the package it said only for kids 3 and up, but I ripped the parts off that could fall off so no worries.....Brenda thought it was funny for some reason.

James got tired.  He rarely fall asleep like this, but Sandy loved every minute of it.

I made another turkey.  This one was only 10lbs and not the 22lbs of Thanksgiving

Brenda loves working in the kitchen cleaning up the messes I make.

I made this for Brenda for Christmas.  It has the verse from our wedding on it and actually turned out really sharp.

Jim made this mirror for us out of tree props from his dad's place.  The wood looks awesome on this frame

The past few days we have been in St. Maries where I have some work.  Brenda and James hung out at the suite and seemed like they had a good time.  I really enjoyed coming "home" to them.

3 comments:

Laura E said...

Had a great time this weekend. Thanks for your great hospitality!

Andrea VW K. said...

Great pics, De Jong family! So nice to chat the other night on the phone and catch up. Actually I think it was more of you guys listening to me rant, so thanks for the great listening ears. :)
Love love love the pics. Can't believe how much James is changing- his cheeks are continuing to fill out at an adorably cute pace and seeing him in a high chair really makes him seem so much older.
Great pics of you guys too- looking all snazzy and happy. Good stuff.
Happy New Year! Blessings, Andrea

Anonymous said...

Just got to see the pics. Dad loved being with you, sorry I couldn't. I want to see a pic of that first tooth.:)