Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Whats going on now?

So I know the time is getting close for the baby...really close, but thought I would update you all on what we are doing now.

Here is my bike before the awesome new farkle.

After. To the untrained eye you may have to take more than one look, but if you notice, I have added engine guards to the silver bullet. I also use them as foot rests on longer rides. They make the bike cool looking.

Here is a common sight around our house. Brenda is eating and getting the baby some Vitamin D. I think she believes if she suns the kid, it is going to come out tan like she seems to always be. At this rate it may have a sunburn.


Two weeks ago we had some friends over and there was a thunder storm, then this rainbow.
Here are two of the girls. As we walked around the house it took about 2 seconds for one of the girls to find the tree and climb up. Then out of nowhere flying through the air she hit the ground like a ton of bricks. As I stood there in shock.... thinking... wow I hope she is not hurt, and does my homeowners ins cover this. I could still could not believe what I had seen, a 15' fall from a tree and after a couple of gasps she rose to her feet and appeared to be ok. It could have turned out to a lot worse and we were very glad that she ended up being ok.

We have been out and about in Spokane as well Hiking by the bowl and pitcher. There is a swinging bridge and it is a very nice place to hike this time of year.


Here we are enjoying ourselves. No other pics of the hike, but you can trust me that it is nice.
I decided the other day that I should also take some pictures of the wife...and the chickens as well. Either of them are due to produce at any time.


This Sunday night we got a chance to go to a Newsboys concert. Brenda said that if she could fit into her Tshirt from 1994 we would go...and she actually fit into it.


The concert was pretty good and had really good effects. The last time we saw them in San Jose the venue was huge and only had about 150 people. Here in Spokane the venue was small and the crowd was huge. This place was packed and hot as all getout.Thankfully Brenda did not ask them to marry her this time.


The Baby room is getting all set up now.
I tried to break the changing table in, and have provided you the G version. Another view of the room.
Here is the growth chart from when I was a kid. We thought we should put it up in the room.




Here is a short video of the concert. Michael Tait (former DC Talk) is now the front man so the covered one old DC Talk song.

6 comments:

Laura E said...

You're right. I couldn't tell the difference on the bike. I must have an untrained eye. I laughed out loud at Brenda's suntanning. The nursery looks great! I can't believe your baby will be on that changing table in just a few days!!

Anonymous said...

I have an untrained eye, too. In fact, even after you mentioned it, it took two or three times to "find" it.

It was fun seeing the nursery! I am using the same breathable bumper. It works wonderfully.

And I hope to see a baby on that changing table REALLY soon. Let's also hope that he/she fits a little better on there. =)

-Colleen

Unknown said...

What is a breathable bumper?

Colleen Kron said...

Well, it looks like a breathable bumper... it is the thing that is inside of the crib... keeps the baby's arms from getting stuck and broken, but allows the baby to breath if his/her face is planted up against it. It's alright, you don't have to know this.

P.S. Brenda's stomach is looking really good. Watch out for those hidden stretch marks on the underside of the belly, though. I thought I was in the clear with stretch marks... then, the baby came out... and eeeeek, there they were!

Anonymous said...

John, I didn't know you were into "planking". People have died from doing that you know...

Deb VE said...

Yes your homeowners insurance should cover any injuries unles you cause them. Always a possibility with your craziness!