Friday, May 20, 2011

Extra Extra...read all about it



Extra Extra....Read all about it: Worlds most beautiful baby born to hot mama.


Dateline Greenacres Washington May 19,2011. the day started out like any other. Brenda Headed off to her job and me to mine. I knocked off work a little early so I could mow the lawn and get ready to go to the hospital for the induction.



Here is Brenda before we left....late of course, but this time it was my fault and the hospital wasn't really on a timeline.

Going Up.



Brenda needed some medication before inducing labor.



Here she is. The side effects of the medication was very minor contractions that the machine could read, but Brenda could not feel. It turned out not to be a good thing for the baby as the heart rate dropped from 150 to 80 everytime there was a contraction and we really thought it may be somewhat serious when 3 nurses ruched in and gave Brenda a shot to stop contractions, gave her 2 IV's of fluid in about 10 minutes, and had her get on all fours to relieve pressure and get the heart rate up. Mine at this time was starting to rise as well without medication


The contractions subsided mostly, but there still were some and the heart rate continued to dip with every mild contraction. the nurse hinted they may have to do a C-section. Then 5 minutes later everyone came into the room in full scrubs and I guess that was the clue we were heading to surgery. Little different than we thought, but the umbilical chord was around the outside of the head and getting pinched with every contraction so if the contractions got any more severe the baby would have been in more trouble so there is no time like the present.


We managed to get a pic right before she got hauled off to surgery.

She was totally with it during the surgery and I loved to look over the screen to see the whole thing. Lots of blood and tools poking out of her...interesting. The doctors must have thought I may get faint, because they told me not to stand up and look to much, but I just had to see him get pulled out.

There is James Patrick De Jong. 8lbs 3ozs 20" long and looking great. Born May 20, 2011 at 2:44 am

Mama and baby. Brenda was smitten at first sight, just like she was with me. I also was very happy and although I hate to admit it...I cried

That also made Brenda even more happy.

Then I went with James to the next room for monitoring and all the normal stuff. We had a great time while Brenda got sewed up.

Brenda in the recovery room just trying to mimic James's cuteness.

Loving it.

Brenda looks good even after all that.

Here is my boy.

Another of the thousand or so cute faces we have noted. \

Face number 843 "tired and hating bright flashes"

First diaper change....yukyukeewwwyukyukyukeeewwwwww
Then the parents show up. Patrick (my dad) and James Patrick.

Jim(Brenda's dad) and James Patirck.

Here we are this morning.


Going home tomorrow

11 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Love it!!! Such a cutie you two. Great post John. I'm impressed w/ the details. Just wish we could give you huge hugs! Keep the pictures coming:)

Paula said...

Congratulations!!! I was so excited to see you have already posted pictures of my new nephew. He is so cute! Glad to see you are taking tons of pictures. (Now you can't make fun of me so much.) We can't wait to meet him in person.

Colleen Kron said...

Dang, he is a cute kid!! :) Sometimes you are biased, but I'm not terribly biased with this kid... and he is cute! Can't wait for him to someday meet Isaiah. Congratulations to everyone. Glad to know it all went well.

Laura E said...

SO AWESOME! John, this is your best blog post ever. Can't wait to see him in a few weeks!

betsy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love the pictures (and commentary) and I'm crying too! He is a beautiful little guy. I can hardly believe that my little 8lb4oz boy is turning two today. Have fun going home today you three.

Andrea VW K. said...

What an awesome post, so meaningful and packed with emotion, love it! John i think it's super sweet you cried, so did we when Jacob was born, it's an amazing experience.
Wow I'm glad you didn't have to experience severe labor pains friend, but that would've been stressful to have people rush in, give ivs, and such.
Hopefully you can get some much needed sleep and rest, love you guys!
The Kampers

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your co-workers are very excited for you both. But would you PLEASE tell Jim that you did not name the baby after him? His head is still swelling!

Baby James is adorable. Don't stop taking pics. they grow out of the newborn stage so fast.

Schenky said...

J & B-
I know you guys are going to be awesome parents! I cried like a little school girl at all of the births of my kids...something moving about being entrusted with a life. Lyndsay and I are checking out tickets to maybe come visit over Labor Day. Epic celebration in WA!
Schenk

Schenky said...

By the way, do you mind if I call your boy Jim or Jimmy or Jim Pat? It would be just something he and I could share...you know, a nickname which creates an instant man-bond for life. Let me know if you approve guys.

Jan said...

LOVE your post!!! You will be amazing parents! He is such a beautiful baby, but what else could he be with parents like you!
Have fun! Those years will fly by very quickly. Cherish every moment.

Mavis said...

Always knew you were a softie. Beautiful baby, beautiful family. I'm so happy for you.