Sunday, April 24, 2011

My trip Part 1

Been out of town for the last two weeks and just got back yesterday. I figure it is about time to let you know what I have been up to recently

A few weeks ago I brought home this beauty and am the proud owner of a new to me John Deere mower. This is a much needed "tool" as you can see we have a huge yard to mow. I got it off the truck and mowed the yard in about a hour and a half. The cup holders for a mower are a must have and were used immediately. Cuttin grass and drinkin beer is exactly what I figure home ownership was all about...and I was mostly right.
That weekend Brenda also had a baby shower and both of our parents came out to go to it. I should clarify that the women went and the men hung out at the house. The next day we went to check out the falls at post falls.


Here is Brenda and her parents are readings one of the informational signs.


Here is the falls and wow they are really big.


Brenda and her mother posing for a picture.




I then left on Sunday (two weeks ago) for a trip to North Carolina for a wedding. I went out there early and hung out with my brother and his family in South Carolina for a few days before the wedding. The day after I got there we went golfing with one of his friends. I have not golfed for about three years, but did get par on a par 4. We only played 9 holes, but had a great time.


Here is Joel hacking at the grass....I think he hit the ball, but one can never be sure.


Here is my nephew Joey. He is such a sweet kid. I stayed at my parents house just down the road and grabbed one of my dads shirts to go golfing in. I only brought Tshirts on this trip for some reason.




I thought this was a good picture of Joel hitting from an area where the sign at the bottom of the tree says please stay off the grass or something like that.


He shot a 53 and well, I got a 70 or so. My scores were really estimates except the par which was legit.


I also got to take the kids for a walk. They were able to give me the walking safety rules and I actually followed them.




After golfing and the walk we took the kids to the put put golf place. Delaney thought that Dad and John were very lucky because they got to golf twice in the same day. We were very lucky.


Joey teeing off.


Here is Delaney. She actually got a 3 on one of the holes without any help. I think her mom got a 7 on the same hole. I wont tell you what I got.


Here is Joey holding up the scorecard after the round when we went to Johnny Rockets for some much needed food.


The next day Joel and I went fishing. If you have ever seen his blog which is a link on the right side of my blog, you know that he loves fishing and goes quite often.


By the time Joel got rigged up and to the river I had about 7 rainbows already. The fishing was great and the weather was perfect. Days do not get much better than that.


Since Joel's camera card ran out of space I became the official photographer for the expedition.


The last cast of the day Joel caught this guy. Throughout the day we caught the hat trick of trout rainbows, browns, and brookies.


Here is my brother. He was really pumped about the fish and that day in general.


Apparently a little to pumped. 62 in a 45, but the cop cut him a break and only gave him a negligent driving violation which will not show up on his record and it was only 85bucks. I thought that was a great deal.


After we got to the house we had a chance to hang out with the kiddos in the back yard. They love the water and wrestling. I had a great time there and those kids were so funny. I cant wait until they come out to Spokane this summer.




Part 2 and part 3 of the past two weeks will be the time in North Carolina for Hookers weddings, and the Motorcycle trip from Virginia to Washington I took last week to get home. I will post those sometime this week, but with so much in the last two weeks I thought I would break it up a bit.




Getting pulled over





Delaney telling her dad to act civilized.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with you! Love the pics & videos.... but I dont really think I got a 7 did I?? We cut it off at 5 :0) Can't wait to see you this summer!
-Missy

Anonymous said...

Loved the videos. Can't wait for the rest of the pics of your trip.
You always make us smile. M&D

Laura E said...

Awesome pictures, John! The fishing looks beautiful (can fishing look beautiful?). Your neice and nephew are so cute! Great videos too! Can't wait for part 2, 3 and 4!

Unknown said...

I hear that 60 in a 45 is about $175 in Washington. I'm not sure but a little 'B'irdie said thats what it is. ;(

Anonymous said...

Yeah, too bad I wasn't in SC when I got pulled over for doing the same thing as Joel. I wasn't coming off of an exciting fishing trip but I was looking forward to see my MAN after 2 weeks away.