Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two weekends of fun

The weekend we got back from Holland I had our annual company picnic. This is a great time of throwing the shoes(horseshoes), v-ball(volleyball), and of course talking to the co-workers that I have not seen in a while. Since I have been working in Richmond I have not seen them in a while so it was great to catch up and talk to my boss.
Some of my co-workers. This is a great company to work for...they got a keg and about 10 cases of beer for us to enjoy (a bit in excess, but in front of your co-workers "most" people keep it under control...there is always a few who don't)
There was about 70lbs of meat for the 50 people there. It was enough for an army and that is how we roll at ARCADIS.
Here is Lauri getting silly string sprayed on her by my managers son. Those kids are so cool.
On Thursday we went to the San Jose Giants game and had a great time. Near the end of the game (the last out) we thought the game was over, but there was a bad call that extended the game. In reaction I threw the complimentary seat cushion they game us when we came in. It was pretty funny and since it was sort of soft I thought what could it hurt. The usher (a college girl) tried to return it to its rightful owner and was not mad, but there is no way I was going to say that it was mine.
This Sunday we were invited for a winery tour with Brendas co-workers. This winery is about 15 minutes from our place and very nice. The weather was perfect. Our tour guide took us through the vineyard with the various wines in tote and we tried the wines next to the grapes that they were associated with. Pretty cool concept and also tasty. Some of the wonderful grapes. I am pretty sure it was ok to eat them so we did.
In the wine cellar Brenda found these keys and is wondering what they go to???
Brenda and Mindy are enjoying the luninner (cross between lunch and dinner instead of the brunch concept).

4 comments:

Laura E said...

Pretty picture of grapes! And Brenda looks hilarious in the key picture. Luninner. I'll have to remember that.

Anonymous said...

What is luninner? I know I look crazy but I couldn't believe that guy had about 72 keys on the key chain.

Min said...

John, I can't believe you posted that picture of me of your blog! Brenda showed it to me at school today. Sweet revenge is coming your way--you. just. wait.

Min said...

oops, on your blog, not of your blog.