Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ER and Money

So yet I have been very hard at work (and play) and have not had the time to update you faithful readers, but a lot has happened. After a visit to the doctor, emergency room, and doctor (in that order) apparently Brenda has type 2 diabetes. This is a big blow to both of us and it has taken a lot of adjustment but Brenda has taken the news and new lifestyle change very good and, like always, has a positive outlook on life. She is currently taking medication and regulating her blood sugar with that and diet and is doing well. She is very grateful for all of the prayers and calls of concern we have received.
Two Sundays ago instead of church services, we went out as a church to serve the community. I was in charge of the river cleanup project and we had a great time.
This past Saturday I had a sailing race and it was very windy and fun sailing at +11kn. This Saturday I am going to race in front of the golden gate on a larger 35’ boat and I am sure it is going to be a good time.
Notice Al holding Minnie mouse.
I cannot show pictures of the worst stuff we found....one word...latrine.


Thank you US government. Although they are telling us to do idiotic things with our money like spend it on crap we don’t need, it sure is nice that they sent us a stimulus check. I choose to put it toward rent for this month…yes I said toward rent and not for rent seeing as our rent is too high for this stimulating check. I get stimulated for a lot less, but more is almost always better. I encourage all of you save the check or put it all towards debt(if you have any). Stuff is overrated and cash is always good.

4 comments:

Laura E said...

Hey Johnny! Thanks for the post. It was a long time coming. How was the race?

Homeward Bound said...

Al cracks me up! Minnie mouse? What the heck? Where were you guys with river cleanup...close to the highway it looks like but I don't see a river. Were people living out there or what?

Sad to hear about Brenda's condition because Brenda is one of the fittest people I know! God has a plan though...he's cool like that.

That's a good word on the stimulus check...put it into a ROTH or pay off the debt people. Chances are we will not see something like this in a long, long while (if ever again) after the democrats get in office this Nov. In fact, they will demand more money from us because we are too stupid to know what to do with it ourselves. I think I would be happy if they just brought gas prices down 10 cents! I heard on the radio that it will be up to between 9 and 10 bucks a gallon in 1 yr. and a half?!?! I guess that would mean between 14 and 15 in CA?

Yeah, how was the race? 35 fter huh? By the Golden Gate? Sounds like I need to check into this sailing thing! Oh wait, CO has not water...nevermind. At least our temps this week have been in the 60's! Ha-Ha! (Simpson's laugh) California suckers!

Laura E said...

Listen, John, I'm going to have to give you a probationary link on my blog if you don't start posting more often...

Lyndsay said...

So I may have to agree with Laura...whats the deal John?