Sunday, December 23, 2007

Back to blogging

I realize that it has been a very long time since my last post and I am loosing faithful readers by the day. Tomorrow I should be down to zero so I thought that I would just throw something out there and see what happens. Today I went surfing with a few other guys. The water was cool (about 51F) and the air temp was about the same. This made for a very chilly Sunday. We had a good time and I caught a few waves and had some good pizza to warm us up when we were done.

Brenda’s rents are coming down tomorrow for a week and we are looking forward to seeing them and spending some time with them. We have several things planned but are most excited about going to Yosemite because they have never seen it before and we have not seen it in the winter.

I listen to the liberals on NPR sometimes and today they were extremely dumb. When factories in the US close down due to free trade with other countries the federal gov. often picks up the tab for retraining the workers for new employment. Some people are now loosing their jobs overseas that are in the service industry (eg. people in call centers). They also would like the same benefits as the factory workers (free college and retraining). That main problem I have with this is that factory workers are often less educated than the service job workers. Some cannot even read. They need training, when people in the service industry often have options and skills that they can market. This is just another example of the stupid liberals always looking for someone to help them out because they are too lazy or to ignorant to help themselves out. The best bumper sticker I have seen read “piss off a liberal…work hard and be happy”. Not all liberals are bad just unenlightened.

Merry CHRISTmas to all.


Howard is not impressed with his holiday apparel.

3 comments:

Laura E said...

Howard made me laugh out loud. Man, I haven't updated my blog since Thanksgiving! Talk about slacking off!

bje said...

Good to hear from you again John. I was begining to worry about you!

I'm sure you are having fun with the Elenbaas's, I'm looking forward to seeing some new pictures.

I guess that you are not the only one falling behind our their blog...Laura is a little bit behind too. ;) Maybe you and Brenda will have to leave her some nasty comments threatening to boycott her blog?

Question for you...Just how old is Howard? He looks ancient!

Later.

Anonymous said...

He is ancient...about a century old. Shot in 1916 by my great grandfather. We were lucky enough to inherit it. But you probably already heard that story, right, Ben?