Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finally

So here is the deal. After many phone calls and a lot of run around I was informed that our passport, of course, would not be here on time. As an alternative we could go to San Francisco (where our application was held) and apply in person. The hours are convenient only for homeless people or others without jobs 9am-4pm. We were able to get out of work early and go up there. Below is a picture of all of the fun we were having at the passport office.


We were able to get our passports thankfully and it only took two trips to the passport office, 1o hours of waiting in line, $200, and of course a couple of hours on the phone talking to a robot and listening to Bach.
Below is a picture of the weirdest person I have met since as long as I can remember. "Phil" had drank 3 double shot espressos before getting in line and could talk to a brick wall. He was warned by various other people to leave them alone or they would call the security guards. He would come up to us and just start talking and jump into all of these weird stories about his brother getting a head butt by a 5'1'' Israeli in 1982 when he was trying to enter into a national park because he was carriying a can of Coke. I also took a video of him and I think that he talked to everyone in the office, but I can't post it here and it does not do him justice.
Well we are on our way as of Saturday and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

P.S. If you intend to get a passport soon... start now. Do not listen to the people (government officials) when they tell you a timeline. Some people in line had to fly out here from Wisconsin to get their passport because it was held in the SF regional office.

3 comments:

Laura E said...

I've been thinking of you guys and hoping you had your passports! What a relief to finally have them in your hands, and it's a good thing you didn't have to fly to Wisconsin to get your passports! You both looked so ticked/tired/annoyed/frustrated in that first picture. I had to laugh...just a little. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time in DR. THings here are going well. Kevin has been home alone these last few days, so we've been spending some quality time with him. And it's been raining now for a couple days. The dreariness is about to put me in a three month coma. Where is the sunshine??!?!

Lyndsay said...

YEAH!!! Reminds me of the year we had to cancel our flight to Canada(and drive 30+ hours instead) b/c we didn't get my foreign husband's paperwork in the "timeline" they gave us either...grrrrr Have fun guys!

Anonymous said...

That's HILARIOUS. I wish I could have heard this story from you in person because it would have been that much better.

Rit