Monday, May 25, 2015

James is Four!!!!!

James is now 4 years old and it only seems like yesterday when we moved up to Spokane and had not kids, and now we are in the thick of it and loving this amazing boy.
Noel came over on Tuesday to have fun and hang out with James.  James is always singing his ABC's and acting like a crazy kid.  
This weekend my parents came down to hang out with the birthday boy and we also had a chance to have Jim and Jan over for dinner.  For his birthday, we gave James a toy weed whacker to tie him over until we could get to the weekend and give him all of his gift with the grandparents and friends all around.  

After Dinner we gave him his helmet and gloves.
This picture was taken at thee exact second that he saw his helmet and then I asked him if he thought there was a dirt bike to go with the helmet.  The expression on his face and the delight is his eyes could only be rivaled by the delight I had in seeing him so happy.  That look is priceless and I wish I could live that moment over. 
Once he saw the bike he jumped right on.  It was a very proud moment for me.
Of course the bike is not all just for James.  Jim K got out on it and when coming in hot and trying to do a "Steve MaQueen" conducted the first wipe out on the bike.  I did get it on video and then shortly after, I conducted the second wipe out on the bike.
My dad even got a chance to get out on the bike and give it a test ride
Brenda out riding around.
James did get a "dirt bike"  ice cream cake, but we ate it on Wednesday, so today it was a simple ice cream sandwich with four candles.
It was not all motorcycles this weekend.  James did take dad on a ride around the block and he is so fast on the bike now that he makes it around the block in about 5 minutes.
Matthew is such a little monkey
Of course Matthew also likes to get on the bike.

All in all it was a great weekend and we truly are blessed to have a boy such as James.  James is a fun loving kid who has enriched our lives and we pray will become a great man of God.

Jim Klosterman wiping out.


James is riding the bike without any real help from me.  I don't even have  my hands on the handlebars but he refuses to let me get off the back.  I have jumped off the back and let him ride but he got scarred and stopped the bike.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, that is too fun! I think you could seriously start a business by charging adults a couple bucks for a ride around your pasture. I'll start the line...