Friday, November 21, 2014

Happy Reformation Day and a trip to Montana

James has really been teaching Matthew some fun thing lately and I see that having a older brother makes the younger one much less apprehensive about doing crazy thing.  Although that is true in general it does not translate to all aspects of Matthews life.
James and Matthew love to play superheros and here they are jumping off of the couch onto the cushions showing mom and dad how far they can fly.  At some point James will likely talk Matthew into jumping off of the roof, but I think we are still a few years away from that.
For Reformation Day (Halloween) James dressed up as a sheriff and Matthew was a horse.  The boys really enjoyed going to the Fall Flair the church put on this year.
They even had  Plinko station at the fair.  Once I saw this it reminded me of the time I put on a full Price is Right show in high school and built a full size Plinko board.  That show is so enjoyable and I have never lost a love for it.  Hopefully this one Plinko game will stick in James mind and foster a love for the Price is Right.
Matthew had fun eating the cupcake in an ice cream cone. 
 
Two weeks ago I had to take some time off of work because I had maxed out my allotted vacation and needed to use it or loose it.  We decided it was time to go out to Montana and hang out there before the weather turned and made the trip more troublesome.
The weather was actually really nice and the days were in the 50's.  We had a chance to go out to the park and the public library in Bozeman where the kids had a great time.
I think my dad also had a blast with the kids.  How many times do you have an excuse to get on a teeter totter?  Not many when you started getting older, and I think each of us needs to take every opportunity we can.
Matthew can be such a cheeser sometimes.  Whenever he sees a camera he instinctively says cheese and smiles really big.
One day we went to Hylite Canyon and threw rocks in the water when we got to the reservoir.  That is always a fun past time as well and will likely occupy any child or immature adult(yours truly) for at lease a hour or two.
They had just redone some short walking path so we also checked that out.
James is left handed and Matthew is right.  Luckily no one got hit with any rocks during the entire time we were throwing them.  I actually kind of got concerned that Brenda may have one go awry.
Matthew tried to mix it up a bit and threw rocks with both hands.
James and Matthew (and Brenda and I) had a great time hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's.  We had some tough time sleeping with these children, but on the last night Grandpa laid the smack down and scarred the kids into submission. 

No comments: