Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sioux Falls for a couple weeks

After the Motorcycle rally I got home and left for a 19 days on work hitch while the wife and kids drove out with Jim and Sandi to Sioux Falls.  Brenda tells me that the trip out went well and was immensely helped by the fact my in-laws bought some dvd players to keep the kiddos happy during the drive.  Brenda was happy that on the way back she was going to be flying and would not have to sit in between two car seats for another 23hrs on the way home.
I am not sure where this picture was taken on the trip, but that coonskin cap is so cute if I was there he would have it to add to his hat collection.  A boy can never have too many hats.
Here is everyone(except Brenda) in Sioux Falls.
Matthew had a good time with Colin who is younger than Matthew but weighs more than James...Thick would be a good descriptive word to describe him.
James got to play with a remote control truck for the first time and it will certainly not be the last.  I think they ran through a couple sets of batteries.  This is a classic Midwest hot evening picture with sweat dripping off of this cute boy.
Matthew had fun playing in the house with his cousins.
 
I was glad to see the boys and Brenda when they got back from the Midwest and actually got off one day about 3pm so had a chance to go over to a neighbors house who was having a party and watch they boys have cotton candy for the first time.
They really liked the cotton candy after figuring out you are supposed to eat it.
Sweet innocence.
You generally think of cotton candy as having a lot of sugar, but on one stick there is only about one tablespoon whereas in a can of soda there is significantly more.
Here is Brenda mid laugh....she is also very cute.
They had a couple of bounce houses at this part and I got a chance to go in them with James and mess around a bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great update and the sweet pic of me. Just another to add to my ugly picture file. I tried to delete it from the camera before you posted it but too late. Your wifey

betsy said...

Always nice to see you guys. James is growing up so much, and looking more like Brenda, whereas Matthew looks more like John to me. I love his little curls. And that picture with the coonskin cap is just too much!

I'm glad you finished out the summer with a nice trip. Now it's time to welcome fall. :)