Friday, April 19, 2013

Two ear infections and RSV...good times

We thought that spring had come to Spokane, but alas...it has not.  This past week we had less than stellar weather with generally overcast skies and cool winds.  Now let me get this straight, I know it is nothing like the poor folk in South Dakota had to face, but I do not live in SD....I live in WA.  With that being said next week is supposed to be 70's and sunny all week with the exception of the weekend....the only time I have to ride my motorcycles, of course.
Matthew has been doing great since we got him the proper medication for his RSV and ear infection.  James also had and ear infection and that was a fun filled few days we had here.  Matthew has been laughing and smiling at the drop of a hat and really is looking more and more like his own man.
He is great at sitting up in his Bumbo and looking around.
Matthew also makes lots of new a funny faces.  Today Brenda took him to the ENT doctor since we had a feeling he was a little tongue tied (that little weird thing below your tongue being too big).  Sure enough he was and then the doctor just went in there to cut it.  That was the most efficient visit we have had at a doctor and glad we went...even though it was so simple I easily could have done it at home with a pair of scissors and a spare 5 seconds.
More Matthew pictures
Then we get to James's first Twix experience.  Short story is he likes them, just like the rest of America.
Matthew again.
Another James with a silly grin picture.
Monday I thought it was time for something new so I got a couple lamb shanks and braised them in red wine, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and a bunch of other things.  Well, it was amazing and I am now thinking we got to get a couple sheep because I have really found that I love lamb meat.
Why is James fixing an excavator that is not even broken?  The real question should be how can this excavator be made to go faster?  It is nothing a  couple of screwdrivers cannot fix, which is just like his old man would think.
He sat and tried to fix this thing for like 45 minutes and luckily enough it still worked after all that tinkering.  That is generally the real trick, once you take something apart and figure out how it works, you also need to figure out how to get it back to where it was before you started to "fix" it.
 
Had a weirdo sit next to me on the airplane the other week.  He had a stopwatch and timed everything for the flight.  How long we taxied, how ling drink service was into the flight, how long it took to get to cruising altitude and then took 7 pages of notes on what we were flying over and what clouds were out the window.  First I thought he was some kind of terrorist, but then struck up a conversation.  Turns out he is an unemployed physicist and seems to like to count (OCD-like). 
 
Some of you may have had a hard time commenting on the last post I had put here and I wanted a second to explain.  Well, it appears that if you do not have some sort of comment protection on your blog you get a ton of automated comments from computers trying to get you to "grow your manhood"(trying to keep this PG), find a casual friend, or buy medication from some far off communist land inundated by pollution and knock of chemicals.  To try and save you from that, I have relinquished and succumbed to a protectionist measure....I am sure you understand.

2 comments:

ldj said...

great pics.

Laura said...

I encourage you to get at least a dozen sheep, because you'll want plenty of meat...and can you get bluefaced leicesters? That would be great...errrr, not that I would come by and shave them at night to get their wool to spin or anything like that. What kind of friend do you think I am? No, I just want you to have the tastiest variety, that's all I'm thinking about. yep, real concerned you get the best sheep for eating.