Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally back home

Don't know where the time goes, but I have been on the road a lot lately and am glad to be at home(the last three weeks I have been working all over the place).  Two weeks ago it was off to New Mexico for a system start up.  I don't think I had ever been to New Mexico, but I would find that it could be described as dusty....and hot.
The drive to the job site was 4 hours and 2 of those were without any radio reception....not even AM. 

Lots of this around.  With it being so dry down here, nothing rots, but it just gets old and worn.

On the way home on Friday I took the longer way to the airport over the mountains.  This is the same area where Billy The Kid ran around and it was kind of cool to think of the area before there were roads.

I assume spring is the green time in the desert, but there was only little patches of green here and there.

When I got home Brenda and I drove to St Maries for the world Jetboat races.  They ran up and down the river in time trials.  It was pretty cool to see and a nice day to be out and about. 

Although it was pretty cool, I don't consider this a "must see" event.  It is basically fun if you want to grill out by the river and drink beer all day.

James liked it and it could not have been a more perfect day in northern Idaho.

James loves to ride the mower.  He sits with me on that thing for 3 hours at a time and does not even move once.  He loves to be out on the mower and that is a good thing, since this time of year I have to mow the grass twice a week.

Friends of ours gave James this dump truck.  It makes sounds and he loves to push the thing all over the house and out in the yard.

The trees are in full bloom around here and we love to be out in the yard.  The garden is going to be going in soon and we are ready for the summer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Even without water that area look nice. Rugged and tough no doubt. Can't wait to see you in a few months. He's getting so big. We are going to have to plan a time to get a fishing trip in like last year - Montana perhaps?

Laura E said...

Glad you're home! I'm sure your wifey is too. We had a good time seeing Brenda and James...and I hear that he's walking now! Wow, I think it's time for another!