Saturday, June 25, 2011

Andrea visits

A couple of weeks ago we got a chance to go to Granger for a long weekend because I had some work in the area and thought we could make a few days out of it. We ended up having a great time. Saturday I got another tutorial on model T driving and went out shooting with Jim. Brenda and her mom do not need the guys around to distract them while they talk and .....whatever else they do.
The weather was perfect and Brenda always loves being outside. Finally here in Spokane this week the temperature actually hit 80. That is the first time that has happened in about 9 months.

James is getting bigger all the time.

Here is a classic Brenda pose while dealing cards. I was looking back the other day at the pics of Will and Jenny's wedding we went to a few years ago and just had to laugh at all the crazy Brenda pics I have.

When we got home we got a call the next week...I think that is when it was....that Brenda;s friend Amy was going to be in town for the night and she was excited to stop by and see James. we could not go to her wedding as it was the Saturday after James was born.

We also had a chance to pack a picnic and hike out to Tubbs Hill in Coeur d'Alene. It was perfect weather and we cannot wait till the lake gets warmer and our family gets out here so we can go for a swim.

Brenda on the hike.

Yet another view.

Oh ya I forgot that when we were in Sunnyside, Laura took a few pics of James and they turned out great.


We have had a great time here at home recently and this past week Andrea and Jake came up from Visalia to hang out. She was so much fun for Brenda and I to hang out with and we have no problem keeping in touch with them. It was a lot of fun to see Jake again the he is so much fun.




Brenda and Andrea had a chance to hang out while I had to work, but that gave them a lot of time to do what girls do best....chat.

Jake loves swings

Bath time with James is like a show at the bellagio. He usually likes baths, but it is no problem if he cries because I kind of think it is funny when he gets hysterical.


We got a chance to go to Coeur d'Alene. While we were there we heard a auctioneer and thought we would go check it out. Well it was a car auction and huge show. I could have spent the whole day there is Brenda and I did not have to got to a wedding later that day.

Here is my favorite dream car of all time. This superbird is a original and worth 283K....wow

Then I also see a couple of awesome cafe racers. I am going to buy one of these someday, no question about it.

Jake loved running around the house.

While Andrea was around I finished up a little project I started earlier that week. Here is the Cedar table and benches I made. You may be asking where I got the plans for that sweet looking table. It was sort of a guesstimate of an endeavor where there was not a lot of measuring and no plans. Amazing it turned out so good without proper tools, but I think we are going to enjoy this table this summer.

Yet another view.
We also went to Manito Park.

Here are the ladies at the Japanese Gardens.
Here is a flower from our front yard and it is looking awesome.

And then to wrap up this blog I got the little guy who as you may be able to tell is gaining weight quite nicely. He is getting some pipes and I will need to workout to keep up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics, John. Also, a pleasure to hold your best guy.

Laura E said...

James is getting so big! Time for updated pictures!!

Melody Ritzema said...

Congrats! I was sitting around nursing the kid, which seems to be almost all I do anymore, when I thought . . . I wonder what happened with John & the baby who was due on our due date? What a fun time, right? Brett LOVES being a dad. But he got a girl instead of a boy. Her name is Scout Janneke & she's quiiite a bit smaller than James Patrick. But she likes hiking too. If we ever get to Washington again, which we surely hope to, we'll have to take these kids hiking together. Peace.
Mel

Andrea VW K. said...

Yeahy, such a GREAT visit! I actually came home and thought of a few things I forgot to chat with you, Brenda! Crazy fun laughing and chatting and chatting and chatting. I loved your card, thanks so much, friend!
Thank you guys for hosting us- meals, airport runs, and wonderful hospitality.
We love you 3 and miss you!! the Kampers

Lyndsay said...

How fun to spend time with Andrea! What a cutie, I'm tellin' ya. Looks like he gets enough to eat too. Great table John...you should go into business:)