Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas time.

The snow is really coming down today at about 1”/hr and the office is closed so I have time to write a post. Christmas was good to us and we got to spend a lot of time with my parents and Brenda’s parents. Of course first things first, we had to get the Christmas Cards ready. By “we”, I really mean Brenda. Of course she went way overboard and sent out about 80 cards to all of our friends and family (only about 5 actually like me and the rest like Brenda). I think she does this because she also loves to read Christmas cards and kind of hopes to get one in return (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Since we sent out so many, and if you did not get one, you may be thinking that you are not important and we couldn’t care less about you. This is not the case. I apologize in advance, although there are only a few people who actually even read this blog and I know I sent them cards. My job for the cards was to lick the envelopes and put on the stamps…right about at the top of my skill set.




On the weekend before Christmas we went down to Brenda’s parents house to see Brenda’s mom’s Christmas program. It was really good and it is always fun to see grade school kids and speculate as to their inelegance level and what crazy things they do. Of course it was great to see Ben and Laura and we are pretty pumped that they are going to be coming out here this weekend.
Check out the kid in the sweater showing his belly. At one point in the show he tried to get the kids around him to smell his shoe laces...real genius.



Fun time with the twins.

For Christmas Brenda’s parents came up along with my parents. I made multiple huge meals and must say that they turned out quite well. Hornado, llapingachos, and pork hominy soup were just a few of the great things on the menu.
Christmas Eve Dinner
Here is Brenda and I with out Friends Chris and Izumi.
Brenda's parents getting cookie fixing for Christmas.
For Christmas I gave Brenda tickets for Jim Brickman tickets and last night that is what we did. The concert was great and just flew by.
No Photography was allowed so I had to sneak this crap picture.

8 comments:

AmyFroese said...

We loved your card Brenda! The pic of you AND John is on our cork board. We did not do cards this year because we will be sending baby announcem'ts sometime in Spring. Save on expenses ;) We miss you guys a TON! We need to catch up on the phone soon. Loves and hugs!!!

Laura E said...

Jealous about the Jim Brickman concert! I bet it was great! We still plan on coming out, although I may need a stiff drink once we get there if the twins whine the whole way there! We're so excited to see your house!

Friend #81 said...

I didn't get a card. I'm sure I was #81 on your list! I hope you enjoyed my card. Maybe you could just return it back to me since I didn't make your mailing list.

Anonymous said...

That was Ryan's job as well, but he forgot a stamp... on the card that went to my parents, of course.

-Colleen

betsy said...

Great pictures. Looks like you're showing just a little, Brenda. Fun! It's been great to go to the hospital with all the new babies over the last few weeks. (3 mommies, 4 babies) I suspect you won't find out ahead of time the sex of the baby, but let me be the first in line to offer baby clothes. Thijs has enough clothes to dress an army of babies. I'll hang onto them a few more months. :)

Homeward Bound said...

I like you John, and I did not get a card?

14049 Scenic Hwy
Lookout Mountain, GA 30750

I also sent some this year but you guys didn't get one because I don't have your address.

Anonymous said...

Homeward Bound, good to hear from you! Glad to know where you are on the map. Expect a delayed Christmas card, sorry friend.
Friend #81, How am I suppose to send your card back, when I don't have your address? I think every card we got we sent out and then some. But I could be wrong, my bad! I knew John would open up a can of worms when my husband wrote this. Next year he'll write them and send out 800 or until his hand cramps up which will happen, at just the thought of this task.

Friend #81 said...

I was just giving you a hard time. I actually did get your card and loved it! I couldn't believe you actually sent out 80, so I was just teasing my little sis. Sorry to make you feel bad.