Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Home sweet home.

I thought that when we moved to the city of Spokane it would be a nice change of pace from the busy area of San Jose. That has not been the case so far.
We have been thinking about getting a house for some time now and found a realtor. Last Sunday was our first face to face meeting with her. We let her know the type of house we wanted to buy, and then looked at a couple online. We found three we wanted to take a closer look at and went out to check them out. The first two we did not think were that great, but the third one we thought was pretty cool. I emailed our realtor the next day to thank her and let her know we liked the last house, and she said the house just had an offer put in on it so if we did like it we would have to move fast. Not good news seeing as we are first time buyers and had only seen three houses. To make this long story short…we got the house and should be closing sometime in November (the exact dates I wanted to go bear hunting in North Carolina, but I guess I got to take on some responsibility sometime).


Gardening area.
It is a really neat house, but we are still negotiating some of the repairs that need to be completed prior to actually signing the papers, so you never know what could happen.
Stats on the house.
- Lot is over 1acre (just what I wanted)
- 5bed, 3bath, 2car garage
- small shed outside, the other owner had horses so it is set up for animals
- It is Outside the city limits so less rules and more fun. The house does need some work as stated before so we will be very busy this winter with small projects all over the place.

Work has been busy with me and with Brenda. Her work is about 40min away and will continue to be that far seeing as our house is only about 3 miles from where we live now. She is getting very tired of the drive, and I can sympathize because I also have to drive to get to our project site in the panhandle of Idaho (only for a few more weeks). Needless to say with all the papers we have to sign and inspections we have to get, we have been very busy and normally not getting home until about 8-9pm or so last week.


Updating my blog is not exactly on my priority list nowadays.


When our realtor asked us to be completely honest the first day we met her I proceeded to tell her I told her I wanted to be able to pee in my backyard without anyone seeing me....you should have seen her face when I said that...priceless.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the absolute most important thing about finding property. It was the primary reason we moved out of town 32 years ago. As a matter of fact I may just go outside and take care of business right now.... How refreshing................

Lyndsay said...

Congrats guys! What a BEAUTIFUL home! Worth the wait Brenda? I'd love to hear more details soon!

Laura E said...

Remind me to never tell you to be honest with me! :) You never know what John's going to say. The house is so great! I can't wait until we can come out and see it. Does it have air conditioning?

bje said...

We are really happy for you guys! Pictures of the house looks great. Better yet is the location!

Can't wait to visit your back yard and find my own tree or bush to break in. Ummm....err...what!!

betsy said...

Oh my word! What a wonderful place! Will you be renting for us to take a vacation up there sometime? :) Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I am really jealous of your new place. It is such a great time to buy right now. Of course, we're trying to sell and it stinks! I absolutely love the pictures, and I am excited for you and Brenda!!!
-Colleen

Anonymous said...

I wonder who wrote the first Anonymous comment??? I'm guessing there are only a handful of people who write comments on your blog that would have been buying, or should I say building a house 32 years ago (let alone alive 32 years ago). I seem to know of one such family that moved to the country 32 years ago. :)

jackie said...

This place is awesome!

a & m kamper said...

Hey guys, very exciting, we're so happy for you guys! Ok love the outside and inside. Brenda, I know why you asked to keep the stools- funky and lots of character! The outside space looks nice too. I'd have to agree, being outside of city limits is more fun, and less rules and you can pee wherever you want on your property! :0)
Jake says hi!
Ciao,
Andrea

Cara and Matt said...

AWESOME! looks like the perfect house for you guys....just the one I could imagine for you. The comment about the pee privacy was hilarious. Matt and I both enjoyed that! Hi to Brenda and congrats to her on her job! Hopefully will connect soon.