Wednesday, May 26, 2010

100K, music man and Le Mans

Two weekends ago we got an invite to the Ripon and visit to the Schenks. We took back roads out there and it was a perfect day to be on the bike. I knew the bike would cross the 100K mark and got this pic when it did.

100K at 100mph...the only way to go.
We went and saw the music man at the Schenks and Kevin hooked us up with front row seats. I guess it was pretty good for a Jr. High play. The real attraction was the Schenks.
Not very good signers, but what do you expect when you hit puberty.

This past weekend we got tickets to the Le Mans 6 hr race down at Laguna Seca. We went with Harry and Mindy. We arrived just as the race was about to start. Wow was it loud. The Corvette and the Jaguar were the loudest and pretty fast as well, but watching the Ferrari's go around and all of the sweet HP made for a great day. It was so loud, I was sitting next to Brenda yelling in her ear and she couldn't hear a thing...Awesome.
The infamous corkscrew corner.
So cool
I realize these pics may not look cool, but it was so sweet to be there. I just stood around with my mouth open.
This car went out early smoking something fierce.
Hanging out at the start finish.
I had a sailing race this Sunday. It was very windy. We did not do well, but that was mostly because another boat T boned us and put a hole the size of my fist in the side of our boat. I was at the bow when the collision happened and the boat heeled so far on the side that I floated all the way to the stern...while inside of the boats lifelines. I was not in any real danger, but since the whole side of the boat was under water I was floating. Not a great situation, but another good story to tell when we got up to the club. Racing is never dull.

1 comment:

Laura E said...

100mph? Oh that gives me the willies. Brenda, hold on tight, girl!

The race looks like fun, although since I'm scared of loud noises, I'd have to bring my earplugs. Doesn't look very well-attended, though! I was rooting for the white minivan.

Bummer about the hole in the boat. Glad you were safe, though.

Did you get our message? We wanna chat with ya'll sometime, so we'll try again.