Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two weeks at a time

It has been another two weeks so I guess the time to write a new post is here. Last weekend of course we had some parties to attend to. The party was fun and there were many people all dressed up.
Here are Drew, Amy, and Makenna...AKA Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, and Wendy.
Here are a few of the carved pumpkin. The winning Obama one is one the left.

Brenda and I were on our way to a 50's dance and stopped off at the party. The draw of Beer and food were too much for us to resist.
Then the party turned ugly...I mean we really got to know each other better and discussed our feelings.
Here is my glowing eye pumpkin. I did not have a pattern or any idea what I was going to do until about 10min before I got this.
A few of the carving participants.

The next day was actually Halloween and we got to go over to one of my co-workers house who was having a BBQ. I am not sure if you have played this game before, but there were three horizontal bars and we each had three ropes with a golf ball at each end. It took a while to get the hold of it, but I ended up doing OK.
Here is Megan and Sharon throwing the balls.
Sunday I got the chance take a ride up Page Mill road. It was a great day. Page mill is a great twisty road in the nice part of town(usually I see numerous Ferrari's, Maserati's and the like). Roads in a part of town like this are smooth and fun to drive.
Here is one of the great lookouts that day. Within about 15min there are so many roads around here to ride it is awesome.
Yesterday Brenda and I took the bike to Dublin to watch the jr. high's flag football game. We had a good ride and the game went well(they got second in the championship). The refs were different story. Usually it is the fans complaining about the refs, but these two idiots got into several altercations between each other. The refs were yelling at each other and saying that the other did not know what they were doing. All of this in front of the kids and the fans. Never had I seen two bigger fools in all my life. What these two needed was a good knock across the face with a rubber hose.
Here are the kids.
Another thing I wanted to comment on was this new health care crap. Sure health care is overpriced. You want cheaper drugs and care, go to Mexico. I got three prescriptions down there for $17 where one up here with insurance helping was $30. What kind of crap is this? Someone is scamming the system and I know there is a better way, but do not know what it is. There is one thing that I am certain of, anything Pelosi or Boxer are a part of is not going to work. They have some weird distorted version of how the world works and live is a fantasy land where they are the only ones who matter and are always right. Those are two crazy women that no one should listen to.
I want a politician who does not beat around the bush and admits when they are wrong. Don't consider feeding me anything else, but the truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John ~
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
irb

bje said...

Well done on the pumpkin carving John! Quite impressive.

Nice pics from the motor bike. Hard to believe that in a large city like you live in, you could be so close to a nice secluded area like that.