Sunday, March 8, 2009

X-skiing

Sorry for the lack of posting recently, but I was out of town last week and my computer for work is not working so I could not even respond to simple emails. Last weekend we went to Sequoia NP to check it out and do some cross country skiing before the snow is gone. The weather was great and we only saw two other people out on the trail so it was ice to get away for a while.












As I stated earlier I was out of town in Porterville Ca last week doing a job down there. This job just happens to be in the middle of an orange grove during the peak season. These oranges were just perfect and there is nothing like getting them right off of the tree. They were so good I would have about 4-5 per day.
While getting lunch one day at a Burger King I went into the restroom and was standing at the urinal when two little kids (ages about 4 and 6???) came in. They were saying a bunch of stuff I couldn't understand and then all of a sudden I looked down to the floor drain about 4" from my foot and the little kid on thee other side of the partition was pissing in the drain. That set me off and I started yelling at the kid asking him what in the "heck" he thought he was doing and told him to use the urinal or get out of here. He left rather quickly although I seriously doubt the kid understood any of my ranting. This kind of crap makes me so mad and I was about to tell his mother, but she probably would not have understood either. You never know what is going to happen next and this at least made me laugh intermittently throughout the day.
MMMM.....good
It has been great weather here and this is evidence of spring...I think I may have missed winter.
Mammoth oranges.

Today we too the motorcycle out to the coast and relaxed out on a blanket for a couple hours. It was very windy and I was wishing I was out on the water in a sailboat, but on the shore with my lady is a great way to spend a Sunday.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Thanks for the update John...I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Those look like great oranges and nice pic of the almond blossoms(I'm assuming thats what those flowers were)Looks like another great day on the coast too. Doesn't get much better than relaxing by the beach... I have to tell you that Ethan was pretending like one of his dinosaurs was a gun the other day. I asked him where he learned that and he said, "John"...are you giving him life lessons I'm not aware of???

Laura E said...

The cross country skiing looks like so much fun! I got my first taste of it last winter, and I wish I could've went again this winter. The Burger King story totally grosses me out...thanks for sharing. Those beach pictures make me jealous every time...

Anonymous said...

John:

Great to see you out and about. Mom and I have never been to that park. Grandpa took us there once but I do not remember much abou it. We went in summer and all I remember is HOT! The Orange looks great. The ocean looks better. Tami is coming up north for Easter. Dad

bje said...

Hey John...Good to see you posting agian. Some of us really miss it when you don't post for a while. Those of us who live our lives vicariously through you...well, we were getting pretty desperate for something new! *Just kidding!*

Skiing looks like it was a blast. I know that there is sometimes plenty of snow here in SD for us to go x-skiing, but there surely is no where as beautiful near here to venture to. Oh well.

Thanks for posting agian. Later.