Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tri-bi-athlon

Last weekend there was a all girl triathlon out in Napa that Brenda participated in. She and some of the other teachers from the school thought it would be cool to participate in and all went up as a group. I arrived just in time for the start. I guess it would be called a biathlon because they cancelled the swimming portion due to the high winds and whitecaps on the lake. Instead of the swimming they just ran the 1/2mi distance they were supposed to swim. Brenda was a bit disappointed because she had been training for the swimming for a while, but with the cooler weather and high winds she was happy she would not be cold for the whole day. Brenda did a great job and finished the 3.5mi running and 11mi bike ride in 1hour 31min.

Nice hardware.


Brenda before the race getting her bike ready before the race.The supportive husbands. Of course I was on time because I care about my wife. These guys were a little late...what does that tell you?
Very very tough women. I am told that their team names was the "sisterhood of the dark knighties" (I have no idea why).

This past week my grandmother died so we went to Ripon for the funeral on Friday. Although it is very sad to see her go we had some great visits in the past few weeks and we are thankful that she did not suffer a long series of medical problems like so many others do. It was very sad to go to the funeral, but it also was very nice to see my family again. I think that this is one of the first times in 10-15yrs that all of my aunts and uncles were together in one place. Those kinds of family get togethers are priceless and something I know my grandmother would have loved.



1 comment:

Laura E said...

John, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing away. I'm glad to hear that you got to spend some time with her before she was taken to be with Jesus. We'll be praying for you and Brenda and your family as you go through this time of missing her.

I'm so proud of your wife and her biathlon. She's amazing!