Thursday, September 18, 2008

I relaize that your lives are on hold waiting...yearning to know what we are up to. I continue to work in Richmond and now we are working Saturdays. That mean I get to work six days a week (lucky me). Last week I worked just over 76 hours and this week should be about the same. I know that everyone is busy and that is no reason to slack on the posting, but here is short post untill next month when you will get the post of a lifetime.

Last week I got my gun from the gunsmith and went to the range to sight it in. I couldn't sight it in and had to0 bring it back to the gunsmith to get the scope remounted. I think the scope was off a bit and I hope to have it back tomorrow so I can shoot it a bit before I leave on Monday for the mountains.

Last Friday we bottled the beer we have been brewing and in a few weeks it will be carbonated enough to drink. We did taste the flat beer and it was very good.


The five gallons of beer coverted to 52 bottles of golden brew and I cannot wait to test the beer.

I will post the pictures of my trip when I return.

4 comments:

Schenky said...

John, I am coveting your beer. Please save a bottle of the golden goodness for me to enjoy.

Have a good time on the hunting trip and be sure you take plenty of manly pictures. Even if you boys don't shoot anything and end up sitting around the fire each night talking about your feelings (and other unimportant things...like relationships), lie to us and tell us you had the time of your life.

Laura E said...

Hey John! I hope you have a great time in Wyoming! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Aubrey said...

Some of my pals were brewing beer at my boyfriends' apartment last year, it was sort of humorous to me to see this giant plastic barrel fermenting in the kitchen every time I came over...

I never heard if the beer was any good. I think they messed it up somewhere along the line.

bje said...

Hey John, I'm very much looking forward to your hunting trip. I'm sure that the blog post that follows, will be one of the best of the year.

I hope your home brew turns out well. I'd love to sample some, but sending it here to South Dakota, would probably get us both in trouble. That whole "bootlegging" thing.

Well, happy hunting. Bring back something for the wall!